Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Dime Quarter > For Sale

Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #11
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Why so many used 1125's down there? What are they trading them in on with so few miles?
These two bikes are "used" (have been titled to an individual). I know the story behind both of them, and they were both sold out of our shop.

The one with 700 miles, the guy came off of a cruiser and scared the crap out of himself with the 1125R. He parked it for two months afraid to get on it and brought it into us to sell it for him on consignment.

The one with 268 miles on it I sold to the guy 3 weeks ago. His girlfriend talked him into getting a sportbike (they had a HD Streetglide). After 3 weeks she made him get rid of it because it wasn't comfortable. We are selling it on consignment for him.

These are not demo bikes (although we have a 2009 White/Blue demo with 1112 miles on it for $9400) but were purchased by people who got the bike they asked for but not the bike they wanted.

MSRP on these is $12,590, so these are a steal.

We are working to consolidate bikes from other dealers, so we will be getting in more 1125R and 1125CR bikes soon. They don't know how to sell them, and we love to sell them, so we are buying them below dealer cost and passing the savings on to you.

We will do a "fly and ride" deal where we can give some concessions for travel, hotel, shipping back your unneeded junk, etc.

We'll even take you out to east Tennessee (Deal's Gap, Cherohala Skyway) if you have the time to do go.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #12
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
These two bikes are "used" (have been titled to an individual). I know the story behind both of them, and they were both sold out of our shop.

The one with 700 miles, the guy came off of a cruiser and scared the crap out of himself with the 1125R. He parked it for two months afraid to get on it and brought it into us to sell it for him on consignment.

The one with 268 miles on it I sold to the guy 3 weeks ago. His girlfriend talked him into getting a sportbike (they had a HD Streetglide). After 3 weeks she made him get rid of it because it wasn't comfortable. We are selling it on consignment for him.

These are not demo bikes (although we have a 2009 White/Blue demo with 1112 miles on it for $9400) but were purchased by people who got the bike they asked for but not the bike they wanted.

We are working to consolidate bikes from other dealers, so we will be getting in more 1125R and 1125CR bikes soon. They don't know how to sell them, and we love to sell them, so we are buying them below dealer cost and passing the savings on to you.

We will do a "fly and ride" deal where we can give some concessions for travel, hotel, shipping back your unneeded junk, etc.

We'll even take you out to east Tennessee (Deal's Gap, Cherohala Skyway) if you have the time to do go.
Right on, man. Thanks.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post

Freakin' awesome !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

ftbstrd-
you need a bike man, i miss riding with u and your crew

if anyone is looking for a buell this is the man to see, hellva rider and great guy

(and bumpus' daughter was totally hitting on me at the club the other night ... .... )

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.

Last edited by dReWpY; 08-28-2009 at 03:04 PM..
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #15
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Was she high?

--Erik Buell

Old 08-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #16
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

nope

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #17
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Its the economy stupid! I have seen smash deals on year or two year old CBRs, VFRs, GSXRs, ZX10s, and just about everything else. Sales declined in 08 and 09...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #18
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

These are deals worth traveling for! If I didn't already have one I'd be traveling!
Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Its the economy stupid! I have seen smash deals on year or two year old CBRs, VFRs, GSXRs, ZX10s, and just about everything else. Sales declined in 08 and 09...
Who you calling stupid? The economy didn't force someone to only put 268 fucking miles on a bike in however long he owned it. Obviously, there was something about the bike he didn't like. That doesn't mean that it's a bad bike but like FB said he didn't get the bike he wanted/needed.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Whispering sweet nothings in Drewpy's ear.

--Erik Buell