Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Perfect reason to get an older Aprilia Mille or Falco. Relatively unknown, bombproof motor, and reasonably priced.
parts availlability is becomming an issue for the older prillers, not so much the Millies, but the falcos, cappos and futuras things are getting scarce. Theyre all the same rotax motors but theres not a lot of other stuff you can mix and match esp with the futuras
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

because people think they're gold because there aren't a ton of 'em.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
because people think they're gold because there aren't a ton of 'em.
the price on the TL isnt as bad though, usualy see them around 3 or 4k even with all the goodies, but you still see guys asking for 6 and up on soem RC's and if theyre getting it the prices will stay high
Old 04-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
the price on the TL isnt as bad though, usualy see them around 3 or 4k even with all the goodies, but you still see guys asking for 6 and up on soem RC's and if theyre getting it the prices will stay high
That's because there are other Suzuki 'twins out there still that are somewhat (notice I said somewhat) comparable.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #25
CasterTroy

Quote:
That's what use to KILL me about the TL's

You could spend $1k on a penske, another $500 on forks, and sort out the fuel, slap a $1000 worth of exhaust on it, and it'd be worth about $500 more than a bone stock one

You put Sato rearsets on an Arsey and the value goes up $2k

That's why you HAVE to find a TL with the suspension and exhaust....otherwise it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg and it's not gonna be worth ANY of those mods unless you keep it for life.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #26
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
That's what use to KILL me about the TL's

You could spend $1k on a penske, another $500 on forks, and sort out the fuel, slap a $1000 worth of exhaust on it, and it'd be worth about $500 more than a bone stock one

You put Sato rearsets on an Arsey and the value goes up $2k

That's why you HAVE to find a TL with the suspension and exhaust....otherwise it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg and it's not gonna be worth ANY of those mods unless you keep it for life.
I think part of it is the RC was set up well out of the box. We all know the rotary damper is only good as a paperweight. I opted for a bitubo shock and it worked well for me, and only have the yoshi rs-3 cans on there withthe stock pipes. The motor has weisco pistons now and a thinner headgasket, thats about it for my performance mods on the bike. Then again I iwll never sell it since that requires me putting it back together LOL
Old 04-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The TLR always had kind of a frat boy/punk image compared to the "elite" RC.......That probably explains the difference in pricing.

The RC had mostly a White & Asian owner base.......techies mostly.......and their cars tended to be stuff like Integra Type R's and Mazda RX-7's.......and they listen to house & techno

The TLR was purchased by Whites & Blacks mostly...... who owned Z28's or Mustang GT convertibles......who listen to eminem or kid rock

Doesn't mean one bike was actually better than the other.......it's just the image Suzuki tends to have in general, compared to Honda. Witness all the people who diss GSXR's like as if they know anything about them

Last edited by Homeslice; 04-06-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #28
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The TLR always had kind of a frat boy/punk image compared to the "elite" RC.......That probably explains the difference in pricing.
Damn....well there you go.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #29
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
I think part of it is the RC was set up well out of the box. We all know the rotary damper is only good as a paperweight. I opted for a bitubo shock and it worked well for me, and only have the yoshi rs-3 cans on there withthe stock pipes. The motor has weisco pistons now and a thinner headgasket, thats about it for my performance mods on the bike. Then again I iwll never sell it since that requires me putting it back together LOL
I'd certainly be interested in the bitubo if you decide to part it out...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #30
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
parts availlability is becomming an issue for the older prillers, not so much the Millies, but the falcos, cappos and futuras things are getting scarce. Theyre all the same rotax motors but theres not a lot of other stuff you can mix and match esp with the futuras
Parts were scarce for a Buell before Wandell shut them down. Try finding shit now. It's only been a year.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote