Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 02-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #41
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

So I made it to Portland alright... with plans for photos and trouble shooting the bike. Very little of either happend.

Instead I spent the time with family. I hadn't seen my entire family in the same location in two years since my brother Brian's wedding in May '10. It was amazing to see them all, but it meant not much was done to entertain you guys...

Here are some photo's from my Sister's Wedding.

My brother Beau the commedian.

Keep'n the eyes on the prize, his Girl 'Ina

My baby bro John Wayne and his girfriend Courtney (she's a duck)

Behind every good man is a good woman... behind her... a stalker.

Two funniest MF'ers I know.

Brother Brian do'n what he does best.

My gorgeous Date

The Bride and Groom

Normally I wouldn't give a shit about the cake... but it wsa done by my amazingly talented date

Back to the bike.

I was able to do the HID swap, after busting the housing. I looked up what a new part was... $300 from Ron Ayers... FUCK THAT. tried super glue but no luck... so JB Weld it is... works great!

Never did get get the time to figure out what was going on with the heated grips or the fog lights. As it ended up I just disconnected the fog lights all together.

I'll be hitting the road tomorrow, just gotta change the oil in the AM. It's a short day so I probably won't leave until around 11 or so.

Anxious to hit the road again.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #42
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post

Anxious to hit the road again.

Good, I'm gonna drop by later in the month, dont know the dates yet, prolly 3rd week. I'll bring my helmet and gear, stay an extra day or two and ride your DRZ for you
Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #43
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Good, I'm gonna drop by later in the month, dont know the dates yet, prolly 3rd week. I'll bring my helmet and gear, stay an extra day or two and ride your DRZ for you
ok... gotta get the DRZ back together... but sure!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #44
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

That was one pretty date. Tell her again I'm sorry I couldn't make it, and thanks to you for filling in... I know you didn't mind cause you can't score such great looking gals on your own. You owe me pal.

Oh and hope the oil works well for you.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #45
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I delayed it as much as I could... I hated leaving Portland. It is, and forever will be... my home. Try as I may, I never got a day to go take pictures around my city... save those captured with my own eyes, and stored in my mind.
I originally meant to leave on the 27th... I actually left on the 1st. Oh well... I've got time.

So I left on Thursday, and headed north west to Astoria. I wanted to follow hwy 101 from it's most northern point in Oregon. I decided to not take the fast route through WA, but did want to check Washington off my list.

So I cross the bridge in Astoria and took this photo

Then it was on to the Goonie house... I was disappointed they didn't leave up all the defenses... but someone actually lives there...

Then it was up to the Astoria Column. The road up is the one from the movie where Brandon rides the pink girls bike down

From here... I started having big eletrical issues... the bike wouldn't start, and my GPS would only run on battery. Luckly Astoria is built on a hill side like San Francisco, so I had no problem bump starting it. I had my tools burried in my bag so I didn't feel like dig'n down, knowing it was gonna be a long process of trouble shooting. So I stopped in Seaside for the night and started the diagnosis process. Turns out first thing I checked, the battery terminals. the POS terminal screw had backed out a little allowing the POS feeds to move. I tightened them and was good to go in 15min start to finish. I'd wished I'd just busted open my tools and checked it before booking the room... but Ciest La Vie.
Yesterday I left around 8 and headed down the 101 to Cannon Beach. this is where a lot of the Goonies was shot. in fact many of the Astoria footage was blended with Cannon Beach, like the bike previously mentioned bike race down the hill.

I couldn't get close to the beach where the rock was so this will have to do

One specifically for RDS

Then it was down to Tillamook Cheese Factory for a tour and free cheese.. YUM!! I felt like I was on an episode of "How it's made" LOL
I was also re-united with an old friend...

From there it was down to Pacific City... the place I frequented after HS, as you could park/camp on the beach so party's a plenty. LOTS of pics here, dropped the bike twice in the sand... realized just how heavy she was... DAMN

Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #46
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Then it was on to the south side of the Dunes... sand was MUCH dryer there so I didn't stay long

Rode on down and found a couple nice view points

I stopped at Sea Lion Caves, but unfortunatly the cave was so dark nothing turned out.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #47
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

But I did see some outside too

and some more of the coast line

I finished the night in Gold Beach... wanted to catch the sunset in Port Orford but missed it by 10 mins and it was blocked by fog anyways... I pressed on into the night to get to Gold Beach.

Alright... I'm off again... sorry for the delay I'll try to be better about keeping this up to date... just having so much fun riding and take'n pics, at night I'm too exhausted to even camp.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #48
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Amazingly beautiful pics! What lenses/filters/etc. are you using to get the color saturation?
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #49
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Great pics.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:17 AM   #50
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I'm just starting to hate this man. Who's with me?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote