Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #21
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Slice, think of nj, traffic, red lights, congestion, you spend a ton of time sucking in exaust
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #22
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Slice, think of nj, traffic, red lights, congestion, you spend a ton of time sucking in exaust
and toxic waste
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #23
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Dude, you are not riding inches away from cars' exhaust.....Unless you're in rush hour all the time. My jacket smells like sweat more than anything else....

And if you put your jacket in a closet with a new tire or bottles of chemicals in it......Shit will stink like a mofo after a few days. Leather is porous, so it absorbs odors pretty good. Hell I keep a box of Bounce on the floor of my closet, and it keeps my jacket smelling fresh, lol.

Like as if the dude doesn't have room inside his house for his gear. Hell if I pay hundreds of dollars for something, I'm not leaving it somewhere where it's going to be exposed to temperature extremes, high humidity, insects, & dust.
Lmao, I'm not inches away from cars?

I ride in The City of Philadelphia, and I do it frequently. I smell Exactly like Exhaust/Sweat/Rubber/Fuel...Hell, I have gotten in from a ride and flicked off chunks of rubber.

I dont feel the need to have my Riding gear smelling like roses, I highly doubt anyone gives a fuck what I smell like when I'm riding my motorcycle...You really think someone on a street corner is gonna say "Man that guy smelled Fresh and Clean" when you ride by? No, there not.

Guy probably does have room in his house to put his gear...But he doesnt park his shit in the living room...Keep it where it's convenient, Do you put your toaster in the bathroom? Or your toothbrush in the fridge?
Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #24
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I keep my track gear in a cabinet in the garage. Well, except helmets.... helmets are on shelves on my living room wall. And, my BMW work gear is in my house. That stuff has to be pretty... YES I do have to smell fresh and clean while working. I clean that gear all the time...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #25
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Waste of time IMO, I dont think Ive ever come across or thought to myself...Man that persons gear Smells, Looks Clean...im usually Oogling over the bike.

Hell I havent washed my bike all but twice since 08...and Once was half assed by two girls in bikini's

Its meant to be ridden.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #26
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Waste of time IMO, I dont think Ive ever come across or thought to myself...Man that persons gear Smells, Looks Clean...im usually Oogling over the bike.

Hell I havent washed my bike all but twice since 08...and Once was half assed by two girls in bikini's

Its meant to be ridden.
That might be why I'm paid to ride motorcycles and you're not...

My motors [car/truck/motorcycle] are certainly used. But, they are well taken care of. It doesn't take a lot of time to maintain the appearance of a vehicle while making sure it is in good working order. I use a wipe-down on a bike to bolt check. This is especially important with a litre-twin.

Helmets IMHO are more important that my other gear, as my head is more important than other parts of my body. The 100+ sustained temps here will deteriorate a helmet... I will NOT leave my helmets out in that heat for days on end.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Dude, it isn't about making someone ELSE think you smell good...........It's about not having a jacket or helmet that smells like petrochemical vapor from your cars, bikes, and all the chemicals you've got in your garage. Or do you enjoy putting on a helmet that smells like that?

And even if the smell in your garage isn't bad, why leave your gear somewhere where the humidity is much worse than indoors, and the temp fluctuates much more, and spiders & shit might get into it.

If you're lucky enough to have a garage, then you must have a house or condo with a lot more room than a typical apartment..... so why not take advantage of it?

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-14-2011 at 09:11 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #28
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Dude, it isn't about making someone ELSE think you smell good...........It's about not having a jacket or helmet that smells like petrochemicals. Simple.

Again, I really don't know why you'd leave shit out in the garage where the humidity is much worse, and the temp fluctuates much more. What is the point? I mean shit, if you're lucky enough to have a garage, you must have a lot of space inside your house to put stuff.
Well for those of us with an attatched garage it doesnt matter as much
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #29
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Even less so if the garage us part of the house's temp controlled areas
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #30
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Well for those of us with an attatched garage it doesnt matter as much
Why wouldn't it matter?

And I bet 90% of you don't have climate-controlled garages.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote