Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #11
t-homo
WSB Champion

Yeah, if someone goes home after a long day of work and smokes a joint, they are probably a worthless human being. Let's bump it up a notch and say someone does a few lines of blow over the weekend. No one should control what we do in our free time.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #12
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
No one should control what we do in our free time.
Thats exactly right... but in order to buy those drugs you have to go to the black market.. Why not legalize all drugs?

Everyone has the arguement that in order to buy drugs you are supporting terrorists or criminals, but the fact that it's not legal is what's causing it. So prohibition is the only source causing the crime. If drugs were more readily available, cheaper, and regulated like Alcohol & Tobacco.. We'd have a lot less kids doing drugs, there would be less crime because prices would be cheaper, and there wouldn't be any drug cartels, thus even less crime & corruption.

Seems like a win - win for the government and the people.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #13
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
You mean like Tylenol, Asprin and Aderall?
Yes, those are actual drugs, with worse side affects than Marijuana.. They are synthesized in a lab, not simply grown in your back yard like your tomatoes..

Edit - After doing some more research, i think it would make more sense to just legalize all drugs, let responsible adults choose for themselves.. You will always have people who abuse substances.. should we just ban everything? Including Wendy's, Beer, Sky Diving?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

the war on drugs is just a profit center for this country's various "homeland security" entities.......and it's going to be hard convincing them to cut their budgets and give up their jobs.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #15
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
You mean like Tylenol, Asprin and Aderall?

It is so funny to me how many people assume everyone that uses a drug is an idiot who's going to take themselves out of the gene pool. You realize that is actually a very small percentage of illegal drug users right?
Umm, yes I do think those who use illegal drugs are idiots, for a variety of reasons.

1) Its friggin illegal, is it okay to break the law because we dont like it? (Not saying I dont break the law, like speeding for example but putting it out there.)

2) Illegal drug users are idiots, who in their right mind wants to destroy their body for a temporary fix? Especially when those of us who dont use have to foot the bill, like Tommy said when they are in the hospital with no insurance because they have destroyed themselves. Want to use drugs, go ahead, but go ahead and do it and off yourself quick so my tax dollars arent paying for your idiot ass with no job and no insurance cuz you decided to coke and now you cant breath because you've destroyed your breathing passages, or gone crazy from too much meth, etc etc.

3) I am aware it is a small percentage compared to the rest of the pop., that still doesnt mean they arent idiots.

FTR, if you think Im harsh, consider my background. My father, 2 of my uncles and an aunt from both sides of the family (not including the extended family) were cracked out coke heads and alcoholics who were more interested in getting high and making a mess of their lives than taking care of themselves and their families and children. Then they had to live off the state with their food stamps (that they spent on smokes and beer) and try and guilt money out of the family members that werent destroying their lives with bad habits. I've seen both sides and will firmly stand by my statement that illegal drug users are idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
Thats exactly right... but in order to buy those drugs you have to go to the black market.. Why not legalize all drugs?

Everyone has the arguement that in order to buy drugs you are supporting terrorists or criminals, but the fact that it's not legal is what's causing it. So prohibition is the only source causing the crime. If drugs were more readily available, cheaper, and regulated like Alcohol & Tobacco.. We'd have a lot less kids doing drugs, there would be less crime because prices would be cheaper, and there wouldn't be any drug cartels, thus even less crime & corruption.

Seems like a win - win for the government and the people.
This was kinda where I was going with my thought. If its legal, wheres the excitement and interest factor?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

Puff, puff, pass.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #17
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
]

This was kinda where I was going with my thought. If its legal, wheres the excitement and interest factor?
Not sure if you got my point.. I meant less kids would be doing it because it wouldn't be as easy to get. Weed, pills, coke, and any other illegal drug is sold on the black market, therefore very easy to get compared to legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco.

Do you think people who have a drink are idiots as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Puff, puff, pass.
Thats what I'm sayin!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #18
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Not sure if you got my point.. I meant less kids would be doing it because it wouldn't be as easy to get. Weed, pills, coke, and any other illegal drug is sold on the black market, therefore very easy to get compared to legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco.

I drink and I know I am an idiot
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #19
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:

Thats what I'm sayin!
But look at it from the standpoint that if its easier to get and they dont have to skulk around and hide, wheres the "cool" factor in that?

Even if they legalized it, there would still be a black market for it, just like prescription drugs.

Where in the law books does it state that alcohol is illegal? It doesnt. My post clearly states several times "illegal drugs". I was clear on that.

However I do think people who take it to extremes, like alcoholics are idiots.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #20
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Geez.

I know this will sound horrible, but I wonder what would happen if we just left things alone. Like let all the drug cartels do their thing, unimpeded, and let the idiots who want to use go ahead and use, thus wiping themselves from the gene pool.

If we left them alone, innocents wouldnt be used as mules like that Mom, there wouldnt be any need to constantly hide from the government, and if it wasnt illegal, do you think people would eventually lose interest? Just pondering...
It will never happen this way because there is too much money available for collection by the government. If there is a national change in drug policy it will be full circle. I'm guessing licenses will be required for growers/manufacturers and sellers plus hefty fed, state, and local taxes on the sale of the product itself.

What would be funny (and I think at least as likely as not) would be our various governments putting so many taxes and fees on drugs that there remains a viable black market for them simply based on price. Even in the cheap states taxes account for around 80% of the price of a pack of cigarettes. In more expensive areas taxes are over 90% of the price. At what rate do you think those same governments will tax a dime bag of weed? How about a gram of coke? I think prices will be insanely high.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote