Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Ok, I think I know what part of that you have a problem with, and I think I understand why...but do tell me, as I think I may have an answer (or, I could be completely wrong).
Old 12-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #22
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Actually, looking back historically to where the worst moves were made politically which allowed the latest financial meltdown (and a number of other economic stumbling blocks) to occur (and for that matter historically some of the worst legislation in hindsight) seems to have occurred on the Republican's watch.

The irony here is that a return to a true Republican platform is actually far closer to a Libertarian one, one that I personally favor.

It's just that the Republicans say one thing, and do another.

All politicians are hypocrites. However, the Republicans for a while now have made it into a true fucking art form.
The worst moves that allowed the latest financial meltdown to occue were in real estate, and more specifically within Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the FHA. Those conditions have been in place for decades. Bush talked about reforming them in 2003 and 2005, but nothing ever came of it. In the debate about it in 2003 Barney Frank most famously stated "these two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis". You can read more about Frank's specific involvement below, but I doubt it will make a difference.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...ancial_fiasco/
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
I can't say I know enough about California politics to provide you with a detailed answer, I live in NJ (not that I'm that up on Jersey politics)...but I know enough to tell you that the financial crisis that California faces is complex, and can't be blamed on any one group.

101 is like the fucktard in every group that's the first to yell "WITCH!!" only his witch is "liberals".

It's like a reflex. It's pretty funny. He's not the sharpest cat out there, so you gotta wonder...who programmed this guy? He goes off rather predictably, and it seems to be a reflex.

Who programmed you, 101? Is your dad Rush Limbaugh or something?
You can say what you want...but you do not live in this state...nor understand the type of people who run it. When you are taxed on everything, but the state is still broke, you wonder why.

The entire CA legislation is liberal, who constantly keeps giving more and more to teachers, cops, fireman unions, every other pet peeve project that comes along and most of all illegals get everything they want. They make the budget each year and every year it goes way over. And the worst part? They don't get it nor will they change. Imagine an entire legislation full of Nancy Pelosi's where money grows on trees. It's fucking pathetic.

They control the money and taxation, so they are to blame. This also just didn't start after the recession, it was a long time in the making.

Look at Texas, who predominately has conservatives in power. Don't see them as broke...and we have more industry here in CA then in TX.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 12-09-2010 at 08:41 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Someone needs to take a close freaking look at all the programs that pay out stupid amounts of money in that state and all the money that gets spent on legislation.

People in CA want that shit? Make 'em pay for it.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #25
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Someone needs to take a close freaking look at all the programs that pay out stupid amounts of money in that state and all the money that gets spent on legislation.

People in CA want that shit? Make 'em pay for it.
One example of this crap is illegals recieving 300 bucks a month for every kid from the county based upon some min. income level. They didn't have to prove citizenship or have a SS number for either the father or mother. So...they would have 7 kids and pack them in a 1 or 2 bed apartment. Then the father would work under the table and pay -0- taxes on the welfare and zero taxes on the money under the table. I couldn't believe that the counties would pay for this over and over and over again.

I don't even wanna get into the abused food stamps.

When you keep giving to these people, you keep getting their vote. And the cycle continues.....a liberal legislation and govenor.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 12-10-2010 at 12:51 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Well, the Hollywood types seem to be very much in favor of higher taxes for the wealthy... Why not a 25% increase on any income over $2mil or something?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #27
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

You know, the Republicans spend my fucking grandchildren's money (MANY Billions) on totally invented wars against countries that never attacked us, and then they whine about paying mere pennies (by comparison) to Mexicans and Blacks on public assistance - it's just a ploy, a misdirection, (it's racist) and it's old.

Also, there's more white people on assistance, if I'm not mistaken, so the Republicans can put away their white pointy hats, and give that fucking tune a rest anyway.

The Republican strategy is blame the poor.

Not really a surprise when you're the party of the rich (and the stupid poor who think the Republicans care about abortion and gays, and Jeebus).
Old 12-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #28
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
You know, the Republicans spend my fucking grandchildren's money (MANY Billions) on totally invented wars against countries that never attacked us, and then they whine about paying mere pennies (by comparison) to Mexicans and Blacks on public assistance - it's just a ploy, a misdirection, (it's racist) and it's old.

Also, there's more white people on assistance, if I'm not mistaken, so the Republicans can put away their white pointy hats, and give that fucking tune a rest anyway.

The Republican strategy is blame the poor.

Not really a surprise when you're the party of the rich (and the stupid poor who think the Republicans care about abortion and gays, and Jeebus).
So Republicans are responsible for California's money issues?
Old 12-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #29
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

I said I didn't really know the politics of the state, were you here for that part?

Anyway, I have no worldly fucking idea, however, I know the track record...that said, I still suspect that California's problems are multi-faceted and there's probably no one group, person, entity, or political party you could ascribe primary blame to...but again, I'm not a scholar of their politics.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I said I didn't really know the politics of the state, were you here for that part?

Anyway, I have no worldly fucking idea, however, I know the track record...that said, I still suspect that California's problems are multi-faceted and there's probably no one group, person, entity, or political party you could ascribe primary blame to...but again, I'm not a scholar of their politics.
You seem to blame the Republicans for everything under the sun, but when it comes to a state that's been run by Democrats for the past 40 years it's "California's problems are multi-faceted and there's probably no one group, person, entity, or political party you could ascribe primary blame to..."

Interesting.