Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
Flexin
AMA Supersport

To me it looked dirty. If you watch it slow he seems to look at the bench. So he knows where he is. He pushed him over the boards into it. I don't think he was trying to kill him but a bad choice.

I think someone needs to come up with a better design for the edge of that glass.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #12
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
To me it looked dirty. If you watch it slow he seems to look at the bench. So he knows where he is. He pushed him over the boards into it. I don't think he was trying to kill him but a bad choice.

I think someone needs to come up with a better design for the edge of that glass.

James
He followed through on his check. No more, no less.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #13
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
He followed through on his check. No more, no less.
Yea, he folowed through on a check... well after the puck was gone. I'm all for enforcement. Im all for open ice checks. Following through on a check in that area is just wreckless. Chara knew exactly what the fuck he was doing....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #14
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Yea, he folowed through on a check... well after the puck was gone. I'm all for enforcement. Im all for open ice checks. Following through on a check in that area is just wreckless. Chara knew exactly what the fuck he was doing....
With all due respect. BULLSHIT!

He's a fucking monster of a man. Who has never done anything like this before. The NHL agrees. All my hockey playing buddy's agree. It was unfortunate, but it was not a dirty hit. If Chara had been hit in the same manner, it likely would not have happened the way it did due to the size differential.

If you really want to play the blame game, why is there a solid post in the middle of a full contact playing area? Why do the nets break away but there's a solid stanchion in an area where hits occur all of the time?

The only people I see making a deal of this are Hab's fans and people who do not like how rough hockey is.

Edit: So you're saying an interference call would have been in order?

Last edited by Tmall; 03-10-2011 at 08:47 PM..
Old 03-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:

He's a fucking monster of a man. Who has never done anything like this before. The NHL agrees. All my hockey playing buddy's agree. It was unfortunate, but it was not a dirty hit. If Chara had been hit in the same manner, it likely would not have happened the way it did due to the size differential.

If you really want to play the blame game, why is there a solid post in the middle of a full contact playing area? Why do the nets break away but there's a solid stanchion in an area where hits occur all of the time?

The only people I see making a deal of this are Hab's fans and people who do not like how rough hockey is.

I think the fact that he got hurt so badly forced the refs to call something. A few other guys have been hit in the same area so I think the arenas need to come up with something better.

I think the other thing is Chara is not known as a dirty player, had this been a pest or enforcer type player I think there would have been suspensions.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #16
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

The puck was gone from Pac's possession long enough that the contact is considered interference. The call was made on the ice and he was given 5 mins and a game misconduct for the infraction leading to an injury. That was entirely the correct call. If you watch in real time you can see that the only reason Pac hit the stachion was the speed they were skating, lead to momentum carrying them to the area where they hit, I have even seen that someone(not sure who...maybe Pac?) saying that Chara even had his hand on his face, which would kind of tell me he didnt push his head into it like people are saying.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!

Last edited by TommyHotWheel; 03-10-2011 at 09:56 PM..
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #17
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:

No, I'm saying this as a player who has been put in that position. Yes its retarded that there is a right angle right off the playing field. But there is a wall in baseball, and a post in football. Yes he should have been called for the interference, and I TOTALLY get that shit happens. But yet again, it was uncalled for in that area, and at that angle.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 03-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #18
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
No, I'm saying this as a player who has been put in that position. Yes its retarded that there is a right angle right off the playing field. But there is a wall in baseball, and a post in football. Yes he should have been called for the interference, and I TOTALLY get that shit happens. But yet again, it was uncalled for in that area, and at that angle.
Apples to oranges. Baseball is non-contact and football has padding on their posts and there are only two of them.

At that angle? This makes no sense. It's a body check, if you're thinking about angles you need to get your head in the game. The only thing you should be thinking is not hitting him from behind.

I get the interference call. I get the game misconduct because he broke a rule and injured somebody. But, that's it. There's nothing more to it.

Worse accidents have happened needlessly. Clint Malarchuk ring a bell? He was bleeding like a stuck pig because somebody didn't control where their skate was. Can you even name who cut his throat by mistake? Most people couldn't if their life depended on it, because it was an accident. Yet, if it happened today I bet people would be calling for the offending player to be banned for life because he was too close to the goalies crease.

People need to realize, this is hockey. Man up and play the game.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #19
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Apples to oranges. Baseball is non-contact and football has padding on their posts and there are only two of them.

At that angle? This makes no sense. It's a body check, if you're thinking about angles you need to get your head in the game. The only thing you should be thinking is not hitting him from behind.

I get the interference call. I get the game misconduct because he broke a rule and injured somebody. But, that's it. There's nothing more to it.

Worse accidents have happened needlessly. Clint Malarchuk ring a bell? He was bleeding like a stuck pig because somebody didn't control where their skate was. Can you even name who cut his throat by mistake? Most people couldn't if their life depended on it, because it was an accident. Yet, if it happened today I bet people would be calling for the offending player to be banned for life because he was too close to the goalies crease.

People need to realize, this is hockey. Man up and play the game.
Where have I said anything against the physicality of the game. Love it, dont want it to change. But yet again, you dont feel strongly about something until it actually happens to you. When you go in at the same angle, rip your shoulder, get lifted back off your skates, smack the back of your head on the top of the board, and then fall flat on you back to the ice. Out for 3 weeks with a concussion and a shoulder injury. Changes attitudes a little....

I was fine with the hit until the shot after 1:35. Thats where it really shows the intent. Even one of the announcers mentioned that the two players have a history.

Easy, watched that youtube video a gazillion times. Just think OCC.

Can you name Zedniks cutter?
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 03-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #20
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Arguing intent is kinda pointless cuz unless he says it, we will never know what Chara is thinking and that hit happens a lot more than you think. I dont see Chara trying to injure a guy because of one game, that was the history I believe they are talking about. The game was out of reach scoring wise and Pac was going after guys, and the Bruins were frustrated and pissed off, but I dont see Chara trying to hurt a guy, he has no history.The only reason its a big deal is because of the injury. If you want to see real intent to injure, look up Dale Hunter intent to injure on youtube. If you really watch that hit, Chara's arm never leaves Max's shoulder, thats clean. The hit started at about 3/4s of the way down the bench, momentum carried them down and into the glass.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!

Last edited by TommyHotWheel; 03-11-2011 at 12:47 AM..
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote