Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

BUT even if he got elected, you think he can really make change?

w/ the dems and repubs where they are, they can't make anything change. what makes you think RP is going to make things happen.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Nothing highlights bullshit more than someone speaking frankly, and honestly in a firm voice.

He'd embarrass them into action.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #13
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

w/ the dems and repubs where they are, they can't make anything change. what makes you think RP is going to make things happen.
Because he could possibly rally the actual populace of this country to act instead of just sitting there.... Maybe...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #14
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:

True, he can't just end the fed on his own, he needs the legislative branch to help him with that, but there are a few things that he can do as commander in chief such as bringing all of the troops home.. Even the ones stationed over seas in countries like South Korea and Germany. I think he has the ability to sway congress into revoking the patriot act.. Not 100% on it, but I think being the president they may take his arguments a little more seriously. Either way, at least you know you'll have someone at the top who can't be bought.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #15
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:

No, but he could take a page out of Obama's book and just continue to campaign throughout his presidency... however, instead of campaigning against one side, he'd campaign against both. Basically "here's the real deal" folks sort of speeches... concluding with, "vote against EVERY incumbant next election unless they start working together..." Shake things up for the interim elections.

He'd probably be assasignated in before he even took office.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post

He'd probably be assasignated in before he even took office.
Unfortunately that may happen.. I've been noticing his security team in interviews though, I think he's more aware of it now, but if they really want to get him, it will only be a matter of time, sadly.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #17
shmike
Follower

Quote:

Possibly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Nothing highlights bullshit more than someone speaking frankly, and honestly in a firm voice.

He'd embarrass them into action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Because he could possibly rally the actual populace of this country to act instead of just sitting there.... Maybe...
Yep.

He's even got the script right here: (Starting at 2:10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlSd9OURbCE
Old 08-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #18
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
It's early yet, but I've got a good feeling about it for some reason.
How early it is scares me. He's getting some heat now because people are not happy with the state of the nation, yet we're not in the big push yet. The competing Dems, Republicans, and the media will give him enough rope to hang himself and then jump on any misstep they can to discredit his potential candidacy. He's too much of a radical for the Republican party. I hope to god I'm dead wrong, but I'd put money on it. Voters want different, but familiar different. They aren't ready for a radical change in policy.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #19
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
How early it is scares me. He's getting some heat now because people are not happy with the state of the nation, yet we're not in the big push yet. The competing Dems, Republicans, and the media will give him enough rope to hang himself and then jump on any misstep they can to discredit his potential candidacy. He's too much of a radical for the Republican party. I hope to god I'm dead wrong, but I'd put money on it. Voters want different, but familiar different. They aren't ready for a radical change in policy.
Well he's been doing and saying the same thing since 1971.. so an extra year and a half doesn't scare me about tripping up.

With the state of the country, the unstable stock market, and lack of jobs.. It might be that time to be that radical..
Old 08-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #20
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
Well he's been doing and saying the same thing since 1971.. so an extra year and a half doesn't scare me about tripping up.

With the state of the country, the unstable stock market, and lack of jobs.. It might be that time to be that radical..
His problem is going to be stupid voters. He will be at the mercy of voters with extremely short term memory and extremely high voter apathy. Most voters are, unfortunately, incredibly stupid. They will wait until it's down to one democrat and one republican. He will not get the support necessary to beat the republican candidates. His political views disrupt the cottage industries that are deeply rooted in maintaining the status quo. The financing necessary to stage an effect run will not exist for him because he's a threat to the lobbyists. He'll be shut down long before he can reach the appropriate national stage to actually sway potential voters. If he's elected to be the Republican candidate, then it's a completely different ball game. He's got an incredibly good chance of beating Obama if he reaches that final stage, but until then, he's fighting an uphill battle with people who are looking to maintain the status quo.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote