Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
oh, didnt know
like I said... I think... dunno for sure... I know I've over taken several cars at once... shit I've passed 5+ cars on a 3 mile straight in AK...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #12
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
People pull out of the way? What is this?!
Here in Georgia on our own "Loop" you can tell the locals from the tourists. Normally on US129(The same one that runs to Deal's gap) on the weekends no one pulls over becuase it's slammed with tourists who don't know better. But during the weekdays where it's locals you'll see them pull over sometimes.

But US64 west of Highlands, NC freaked me out. Every car (City trucks, Grandmas, teenagers, soccer moms, rednecks chevy's, etc) pulled out of your way when they got hte chance. Or waved you on. I was in heaven. I had no clue why they were doing it. I felt it was a trap. Like I'd get to the end of the road to a police block and I would owe everyone a handjob or something.

The Harley riders give you no respect on the loop. Which sucked when I had my underpowered Air Cooled 60hp 600cc Yamaha SecaII. I could out handle them but not out power their 1400cc+ V-twins. It was a bitch to pass them.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Freaking crazy. I hate passing on a double line and rarely do. But sometimes you have to unless you want to get stuck behind grandma for 30miles on some nice twisties.

Just curious but when riding on twisties how often do you have slower cars pull over for you? I didn't have but 1 pull over for me at Deal's Gap and on US64 heading west of Highlands, NC I had literally every car pull over for me and I wasn't even trying to ride fast. It was crazy.

That also reminds me of a couple of videos I tried finding a while back. One was of these two guys in Europe in which one of the guys was passing on a curve on a double yellow line and side swiped a car and kept on going. Another was of two guys on Supermotards who had insane driving skills but where passing between cars on double lines doing wheelies and weaving doing wheelies.
That's funny,I've had the same experience since I've moved to NC. People jump off the road constantly to let me by. It's pretty freaky at first but I'm starting to get used to it now and I must say that I like it!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

damn it tigger... I keep getting stuck watch'n your sig... that shit gets my attention every time...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:00 AM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
damn it tigger... I keep getting stuck watch'n your sig... that shit gets my attention every time...
I know right? On top of that,I have Virtual girl so it takes me about 15 mins to post a couple lines!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote