Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #111
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365630,00.asp

I was looking at the Incredible....but decided to wait just a bit longer and get the Droid X....what an awesome device. I can't WAIT to be rid of this damn Blackberry.
Going from a Blackberry to a Droid is going to be amazing for you!

I don't know, I'm not sold on the Motoblur yet. I really, really love the HTC Sense interface on the Incredible. It is just fun to use, and brings me joy. I'll have to play with the X for a while first.

I'm a sucker for the more "useless" features. I love to turn my phone on when there's a thunderstorm outside and see the lightening and rain on the phone, so much fun.

My favorite program so far is "Tasker" which allows you to control everything your phone can do, automatically, based on location, time, application, etc. etc. For example, when I get to the hospital at night my phone goes on vibrate for ALL alerts, the screen goes to half brightness and it sends text to my wife letting her know I got there ok. When I leave it restores itself to normal settings.

When I get home the Wifi kicks on, ringer goes on high, etc., and I get a lil pop-up message welcoming me home. I have Tasker set to use specific Wallpapers for different times. I have morning, noon, 4:20, evening and night wallpapers. Its all automatic.

Swype is my second favorite, which is standard on the Droid X. It has doubled how fast I can text, and I was pretty quick before.

And these are more reasons to hate the iPhone, because unless you jailbrake it you'll never be able to do stuff like that.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #112
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365630,00.asp

I was looking at the Incredible....but decided to wait just a bit longer and get the Droid X....what an awesome device. I can't WAIT to be rid of this damn Blackberry.
The Droid X looks pretty good. I played with a friends EVO the other day and I love the larger screen. Im not up for an upgrade for another 18 months but if Verizon comes out with a Droid phone with this chip I might have to go for it.

http://androidandme.com/2010/06/news...dragon-to-htc/

Quote:
The MSM8260 and MSM8660 solutions for mobile handsets deliver a new level of mobile multimedia performance, including:

Scorpion 1.2 GHz processor and 600 MHz DSP for high levels of web application and multimedia performance
Support for innovative 3D/2D user interfaces and console-quality gaming via dedicated, high-performance graphics engines
16 megapixel camera
Full 1080p HD video playback and recording
Support for DTS/Dolby 5.1 surround sound
Integrated Assisted-GPS, including support for Glonass satellite services
Support for stunning 24-bit WXGA (1280 x 800) displays
45nm process technology for ultra-low power consumption
Old 06-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #113
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

drool!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #114
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Those are what should be coming with the tablets that should go after the ipad.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #115
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Jesus....phones will begin replacing even DVD and Bluray players very shortly...

Hey, any of you guys tried Slingplayer for Android yet? I was considering trying to grab a Slingbox off eBay to try it out...

Oh, and check out my new live wallpaper...courtesy of Android Central and XDA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pf6XZge_Mo
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #116
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Jesus....phones will begin replacing even DVD and Bluray players very shortly...

Hey, any of you guys tried Slingplayer for Android yet? I was considering trying to grab a Slingbox off eBay to try it out...

Oh, and check out my new live wallpaper...courtesy of Android Central and XDA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pf6XZge_Mo
I have the Slingplayer app on my Droid. Last fall I got a Slingplayer HD set up at my parents house. They have NFL Sunday Ticket which I cant get at my apartment complex and I use it to watch Eagles games. It works really nice over Wifi and it works nice over Verizon 3G. It a little slower to start up and the delay is a little longer for button pushes than on the desktop app but its pretty cool being able to watch anything thats on DirecTV on my phone including using the DVR. If only the Droid had HDMI out . . .
Old 06-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #117
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
If only the Droid had HDMI out . . .
I would like to see HDMI output as a standard on mobile devices; that would be sweet. Hopefully will happen soon enough.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #118
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I would like to see HDMI output as a standard on mobile devices; that would be sweet. Hopefully will happen soon enough.
It seems like mobile / smart phone technology growth is on the gas....I mean, like a new iteration every month....it's very VERY impressive....and truly unfortunate that we (the United States) don't have the most kick ass nationwide network to actually UTILIZE all of this technology. It's actually embarrassing that you can get superior mobile service basically ANYWHERE in Europe or the Far East.

Service here seems too fragmented....too beholden to what is...rather than what could, and SHOULD, be.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #119
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
It seems like mobile / smart phone technology growth is on the gas....I mean, like a new iteration every month....it's very VERY impressive....and truly unfortunate that we (the United States) don't have the most kick ass nationwide network to actually UTILIZE all of this technology. It's actually embarrassing that you can get superior mobile service basically ANYWHERE in Europe or the Far East.

Service here seems too fragmented....too beholden to what is...rather than what could, and SHOULD, be.
Agree 100%

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #120
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

The problem for us is Verizon and companies that lease it's towers went cdma. Every where else went GSM. They can keep the same phone and swap sim cards at the drop of the hat when they get tired of one company and go with another. This just isn't as easy for us. So the companies can hold us hostage and keep our phone tech down by trying to put the lockdown on our devices. Verizon finally started to wake up and allow open source devices though because of their iphone mistake.

It would be interesting to see what the phone market would be like if Verizon didn't make the stupid mistake of turning down Apple.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote