Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #41
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
I'm with you, but as Brian said, there will still be options for everyone.
Which is all I ask for and all I've ever fought for in our democracy!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #42
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh me too! I would have at least taken it for the ins discount if nothing else and I think you're right,it was free and the instructors were volunteers. They must have really felt it was important to donate their time that way! Too bad everyone isn't as committed to the cause of motorcycle safety!!!
Our instructors were INCREDIBLE!! One was retired military and working in civil service and the other was a Tech Sgt. The retired guy was one of the best riders I have ever seen, not only as a regular everyday rider, but the tricks he could pull on his Valky with a sidecar were friggin hilarious!!
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #43
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
But you did say the words "privately owned",it is my experience that few businessmen do things unless there is money to be made! I understand there are expenses to any business endevor and this is a business or why don't you all do it for free?
Quote:
the instructors were volunteers. They must have really felt it was important to donate their time that way! Too bad everyone isn't as committed to the cause of motorcycle safety!!!
Hey it's a business just like any other business in this world. Sure there is money to be made, but alot more goes into it then most people see. Just like any other business.

It's only a part time job for me. I have a full time job during the week. I think we should get credit for giving up our weekends to train people who want to get into this sport.

It doesn't make me or anyone else rich. We do it because we are passionate about motorcycles and we enjoy seeing people learn and grow throught the weekend. In the 20 + hours I work during a weekend coaching, my pay comes out to about $8 an hour after putting gas in my truck and buying lunch. Not that i'm complaining at all. I absolutly love it. If I could do it full time I would. If I could do it for free, I would. Because it's a fun and rewarding job. How many other people in this world can say that?

As far as the military instructors being volunteers. They sure are when they work on base. But guess what, they are still getting paid by the military. So it's not like they are working for free.

Not to mention, most of them also work at private schools, just like the one I work at on weekends. They still have to be sponsored and go through the range aid process. They get paid when they work off base, just like I do. The reason they work on base is it gets them out of their regular job while they are coaching a class. We have 2 Navy instructors that currently work with us. We have had instructors in the past who were in the army, marines, and air force. It's the same for all of them.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #44
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
really all MSF courses should be teaching the same material. the only diffrence SHOULD be the quality of the instruction.

take what they teach you and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE by yourself. in a big ass parking lot... well once you get your bike

also remember that they'll want you to have boots, jeans, long sleaves... preferbly a riding jacket, and full fingered gloves. A helmet is also required but most courses I've seen can provide that.

I'd say get your gear and ride in that... that way your learning in the gear you'll be wearing anyways...
Exactly! Dont prepare! Go open minded so as to learn it all! And then take that home and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!! Good Luck to ya!
vabarber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
Hey it's a business just like any other business in this world. Sure there is money to be made, but alot more goes into it then most people see. Just like any other business.

It's only a part time job for me. I have a full time job during the week. I think we should get credit for giving up our weekends to train people who want to get into this sport.

It doesn't make me or anyone else rich. We do it because we are passionate about motorcycles and we enjoy seeing people learn and grow throught the weekend. In the 20 + hours I work during a weekend coaching, my pay comes out to about $8 an hour after putting gas in my truck and buying lunch. Not that i'm complaining at all. I absolutly love it. If I could do it full time I would. If I could do it for free, I would. Because it's a fun and rewarding job. How many other people in this world can say that?

As far as the military instructors being volunteers. They sure are when they work on base. But guess what, they are still getting paid by the military. So it's not like they are working for free.

Not to mention, most of them also work at private schools, just like the one I work at on weekends. They still have to be sponsored and go through the range aid process. They get paid when they work off base, just like I do. The reason they work on base is it gets them out of their regular job while they are coaching a class. We have 2 Navy instructors that currently work with us. We have had instructors in the past who were in the army, marines, and air force. It's the same for all of them.
Umm Rae's was retired military but anyway,I actualy appreciate what you do! Not everyone has the patience to stand out in the heat and try to teach someone who can barely walk and chew gum at the same time how to ride a motorcycle! I'm mostly ribbing you now! I've belonged to Big Brothers/Big Sisters and I tell ya if it weren't for the milfs of loose morals,there wouldn't have been any benefits to doing it!
Old 03-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #46
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
I've belonged to Big Brothers/Big Sisters and I tell ya if it weren't for the milfs of loose morals,there wouldn't have been any benefits to doing it!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #47
Mistress Maygin
Megatron

Moto: Nothing yet, but hoping for something soon.

Wow! A lot of excellent advice. Thanks a ton, guys!
So lovely, it feels so right

I want to hold you close
Soft breath, beating heart
As I whisper in your ear
I want to fucking tear you apart
Mistress Maygin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #48
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
I tell ya if it weren't for the milfs of loose morals,there wouldn't have been any benefits to doing it!
Pics and stories ASAP!

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #49
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Pics and stories ASAP!
stories and
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #50
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
stories and
Stories I have pis I do not,sorry..that was before I had a camera phone. Heck,the girl I had is graduating next year!