Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 03-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #41
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

That sounds similar to my dad's conversations with me when I used to ride in the 18-wheeler. In fact, I had to carry something to pee in when I rode with him. He wouldn't stop.

I have no issues with stopping on the side of the road to go pee if I have to go *that* bad on the bike. Just ask Kaneman. And if I can't get someone's attention to let them know I have to stop, I have and will make my own stop and try to catch up later.
On really long bike trips I have a tube that runs the length of my leg that I use as a dump tube. Just don't ride behind me.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #42
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
We can see, that may be good as we get further into the trip just to keep us going. So long as we can signal the others if one needs a break we can pull off to the side of the road. Otherwise I say once we hit 140 or so miles have the lead rider keep an eye out for the next exit with gas. If we go 85 to 95 that wont be too far anywhere, but I dont know when we get further south.

Tom
There are some places along 195 south of virginia that fuel stops are 20+ miles apart....
Old 03-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #43
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
On really long bike trips I have a tube that runs the length of my leg that I use as a dump tube. Just don't ride behind me.
hopefully you don't get too many tailgaters
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:31 AM   #44
derf
token jewboy

Thats why I do it....

Oh yeh and I am 99% done wiring in a cig lighter for the front of the bike (power for my GPS), and I'm gonna add in a 2nd one in the tail when I get around to it, so if you need to charge anything bring a cig adapter for it and I can charge on the go. I was out in the shed working on it until 1:30 without realizing the time. All I need to do is lengthen the power wire from the battery and hook up the ground wires, a little tidy work to clean it up and I should be done.

Last edited by derf; 03-30-2009 at 01:38 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #45
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Thats why I do it....

Oh yeh and I am 99% done wiring in a cig lighter for the front of the bike (power for my GPS), and I'm gonna add in a 2nd one in the tail when I get around to it, so if you need to charge anything bring a cig adapter for it and I can charge on the go. I was out in the shed working on it until 1:30 without realizing the time. All I need to do is lengthen the power wire from the battery and hook up the ground wires, a little tidy work to clean it up and I should be done.
its a good reminder for me to bring a phone charger if nothing else. What did you run the wires off of for the lighter adapter?

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #46
derf
token jewboy

I made a whole 2nd wire harness for the cig lighters and a clock/volt/temp thingy. The whole setup runs off a switched relay that only works when the bike is on so no worries about draining the battery by accident.

I have a fuse bix under the seat, the realy is hanging off the back of it, and the wires from the fuse box to the front of the bike are in their own sleeve running alongside the stock harness all the way up to the dash from the rear of the bike. I'm gonna post some pictures of it when I'm done. I just decided to give up for the night cuz it was kinda late.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #47
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I made a whole 2nd wire harness for the cig lighters and a clock/volt/temp thingy. The whole setup runs off a switched relay that only works when the bike is on so no worries about draining the battery by accident.

I have a fuse bix under the seat, the realy is hanging off the back of it, and the wires from the fuse box to the front of the bike are in their own sleeve running alongside the stock harness all the way up to the dash from the rear of the bike. I'm gonna post some pictures of it when I'm done. I just decided to give up for the night cuz it was kinda late.
Nice, i will have to take a look at it at the rally.

tom
Old 04-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #48
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Ok so while out on my 60 Mile Jaunt today...I realized a few things...A. I hope its not windy when we leave because it was Fucking balls on the highway today trying to ride in that shit. B. Are we going to this thing rain or shine?? I'm assuming yes (even though rain riding scares the SHIT out of me) If so I need to prepare rain gear (got any cheap ways to make some decent rain gear??)

And Lastly...While I do want to get there asap i want to get THERE...So i dont think we need to cannonball run this bitch its a LOOOOOONG ride and we def need to pace ourselves.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #49
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Ok so while out on my 60 Mile Jaunt today...I realized a few things...A. I hope its not windy when we leave because it was Fucking balls on the highway today trying to ride in that shit. B. Are we going to this thing rain or shine?? I'm assuming yes (even though rain riding scares the SHIT out of me) If so I need to prepare rain gear (got any cheap ways to make some decent rain gear??)

And Lastly...While I do want to get there asap i want to get THERE...So i dont think we need to cannonball run this bitch its a LOOOOOONG ride and we def need to pace ourselves.
Cheap rain gear = garbage bags w/holes for your arms and head.

I wear frog toggs myself (and so do a few others on here) They work really well, and also block the wind a bit.
About $100 for the set IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #50
tommymac
Moto GP Star

We can monitor the weather too and if its looking bad change up our departure time either earlier or later depending. I just got a pair of frog toggs. I have an older nelson rig rain jacket you could borrow I just dont have the pants.

I think pacing ourselves will be important too. I try to push through on long trips but something like this we will take breaks when needed.

Tom