Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #11
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
It most likely wasn't, but how is the Secrete Service going to know that, if they don't ask?

JC
They wouldn't.

I see nothing wrong with them doing an investigation.

Paul will be along shortly to chastise those who don't understand the word "investigate".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Oh HAI!!!

I'm sorry I missed the part where the guy was arrested or charged with anything or has had any thing resembling a punishment for roasting a doll.

Lets be clear,
If you burn an effigy of your neigbor and the police find out they will investigate.
If you threaten to burn, kill or maim anyone and someone reports your ass the police will investigate.

If you burn an effigy of your local sheriff, Mayor, governor, county clerk, or senator.
THE POLICE WILL FUCKING INVESTIGATE.

If you are dumb enough to burn an effigy of the president, not only do you get the police involved, you get the secret service involved. What will they do?
Investigate.

Do you people need an explanation of what "investigate" means?
...damn, that was fast.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #12
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post

Paul will be along shortly to chastise those who don't understand the word "investigate".....

...damn, that was fast.

JC
Old 05-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
They wouldn't.

I see nothing wrong with them doing an investigation.

...damn, that was fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #14
goof2
AMA Supersport

I'm fine with the Secret Service investigating. If they actually charge people for something that appears to me to be political speech I would like a pretty clear explanation of what made it illegal though.

Concerning the article itself, who the hell is this NBC affiliate hiring to do their reporting? It read like it was written by a kid in elementary school. Are they not teaching grammar at journalism school anymore? I'm no grammar nazi but that article gave me a headache and it wasn't even long.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #15
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

we'll see what happens, last night on the news the implication was they will be charging them.

for those so quick to defend the rockstar, I was just seeing what others thought about this. I neither support nor condemn the action. I would not partake in it myself out of respect for the office of pres but I don't think there should be any charges levied. I don't see how this could be construed as a threat. it is simply people showing their dislike for said pres.

and yes I know the SS investigate these types of things regularly. It just sounded more fun to say they were sent by the star.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #16
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Oh HAI!!!

I'm sorry I missed the part where the guy was arrested or charged with anything or has had any thing resembling a punishment for roasting a doll.

Lets be clear,
If you burn an effigy of your neigbor and the police find out they will investigate.
If you threaten to burn, kill or maim anyone and someone reports your ass the police will investigate.

If you burn an effigy of your local sheriff, Mayor, governor, county clerk, or senator.
THE POLICE WILL FUCKING INVESTIGATE.

If you are dumb enough to burn an effigy of the president, not only do you get the police involved, you get the secret service involved. What will they do?
Investigate.

Do you people need an explanation of what "investigate" means?
Unless he's a republican. Mebbe he should have been fair and balanced and played 2006's death of a president on the bar tvs
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #17
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Unless he's a republican. Mebbe he should have been fair and balanced and played 2006's death of a president on the bar tvs
you have officially been issued a hello kitty pin for your post. You should receive it in 2-4 weeks.

congrats..

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 05-20-2010, 02:16 PM   #18
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
for those so quick to defend the rockstar, ... It just sounded more fun to say they were sent by the star.
Oh...
You're one of those people.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #19
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Oh HAI!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JayGhey.jpg (26.7 KB, 39 views)
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #20
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This isn't a free speech issue at all, it's not protected speech, there are many laws against threatening the life of our president and regular people as well.
Unless a direct threat was made against the President it is an example of free speech. Burning or Hanging in Effigy is as old as Politics. There were COUNTLESS hangings in effigy of Bush. No one whined about about what was the motivation for it it He was a lousy president and the motivation seemed obvious. Same here, someone believes that Obama is a lousy president they burned him in effigy. Just because he is balck he doesn't get special treatment.