Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #21
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Oh...
You're one of those people.
yep guess so. figured most people would be intelligent enough to see it for the humor. I forgot about the devout OMG you said something bad about the great one you must be racist/republican/faggot/stupid or any other favored phrase folks.

sorry to have disrespected your king.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #22
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
yep guess so. figured most people would be intelligent enough to see it for the humor. I forgot about the devout OMG you said something bad about the great one you must be racist/republican/faggot/stupid or any other favored phrase folks.

Your really bad at this.
Your not only bad at this, you are outdated in your references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #23
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Unless a direct threat was made against the President it is an example of free speech. Burning or Hanging in Effigy is as old as Politics. There were COUNTLESS hangings in effigy of Bush. No one whined about about what was the motivation for it it He was a lousy president and the motivation seemed obvious. Same here, someone believes that Obama is a lousy president they burned him in effigy. Just because he is balck he doesn't get special treatment.

...and the secret service still investigated reported incidents concerning Bush.

Its not a Freedom of Speech issue for agents to do their job.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #24
goof2
AMA Supersport

From my experience the majority of people will tune you out as soon as you start calling Obama "cute" names. Examples are the rockstar, the star, the savior, the king, Nobama, Hussein, the Kenyan, etc. It can be a clue that someone's level of dislike has bypassed the rational. Don't worry though, the majority (though a smaller one in my opinion) of people also tuned out those who used "cute" nicknames for Bush. Examples are shrub, the chimp, the appointee, the war criminal, etc.

Calling Presidents names can be a leading indicator that adult conversation will be damn near impossible.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #25
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
From my experience the majority of people will tune you out as soon as you start calling Obama "cute" names. Examples are the rockstar, the star, the savior, the king, Nobama, Hussein, the Kenyan, etc. It can be a clue that someone's level of dislike has bypassed the rational. Don't worry though, the majority (though a smaller one in my opinion) of people also tuned out those who used "cute" nicknames for Bush. Examples are shrub, the chimp, the appointee, the war criminal, etc.

Calling Presidents names can be a leading indicator that adult conversation will be damn near impossible.
Bingo

Quote:
Old 05-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #26
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

the appointee hadn't heard that one before
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #27
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:

again I simply wanted to see what folks thought of the burning of the effigy. I couldn't care less what folks think of my opinions of the aforementioned (insert random name here).
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #28
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/94313854.html

guess the late night talk show hosts better pay attention. no picking on the "rock star" he'll send his boys to get you.
where do you draw the line. newspapers make caricatures of presidents. talk shows make jokes, people have rallies. at least they have against past presidents, maybe the new kid thinks he's special and can't be disliked by anyone.

while I personally would never do this against a president, I don't see it as illegal. people have opinions. this was done inside a bar not on a public street.
Quote:
we'll see what happens, last night on the news the implication was they will be charging them.

for those so quick to defend the rockstar, I was just seeing what others thought about this. I neither support nor condemn the action. I would not partake in it myself out of respect for the office of pres but I don't think there should be any charges levied. I don't see how this could be construed as a threat. it is simply people showing their dislike for said pres.

and yes I know the SS investigate these types of things regularly. It just sounded more fun to say they were sent by the star.
Quote:

Quote:
again I simply wanted to see what folks thought of the burning of the effigy. I couldn't care less what folks think of my opinions of the aforementioned (insert random name here).

For some reason I don't think you care about other folks opinion. It seems to me that the point of the post was to say "no picking on the "rock star" he'll send his boys to get you....maybe the new kid thinks he's special and can't be disliked by anyone.
The purpose is to draw out like minded individuals so you can have a ra-ra moment.

I believe this is the forum you are looking for. Better suited for posts like that.
http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=366

Quote:
Old 05-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #29
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Why are you guys jumping on him like that? We all post things to get the reactions of the other members of this board, this isnt any different than the 20 million other threads started.

No wonder we dont get new blood to this place...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #30
udman
You are not the Man!!

Moto: Hawk GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Just because he is balck he doesn't get special treatment.
From wiki

Hermann Balck (7 December 1893 – 29 November 1982) was a general in Nazi Germany's Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. His father was Generalleutnant and Knight of the Order Pour le Mérite William Balck.

Weird....