Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #31
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I see it a lot.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #32
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I'm pretty much "to each their own" and talk to about anyone that doesn't come off like an azzhat.

Some people like sportbikes and some don't...no biggie to me. I like most all types of bikes and don't judge a person by what they ride. I usually judge them once they open their mouth and start talking or once they start doing stupid chit. If you don't like what I do or what I ride...well just gtfo of my way...later...

The bike doesn't make the person.

As far as the cops around here...well they pay attention to sportbikes but I haven't ever experienced a bias against them IF you ride like you have some sense. If you don't and then you get caught well it pays to act like you have some sense when you get pulled. I don't stunt but I do exceed the speedlimits quite a bit.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #33
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i perfer to ride with the odd bikes, buell riders are awesome...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #34
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Werd. Crazy.. but awesome.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #35
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
i completely avoid talking to anybody on a cruiser, most clueless people about bikes i've ever met unless you're talking about drag pipes or some kind of handlebars
I have a cruiser, would you like to talk subtleties of engine design?
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #36
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
high five
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #37
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

[QUOTE=z06boy;222401]I'm pretty much "to each their own" and talk to about anyone that doesn't come off like an azzhat.

Some people like sportbikes and some don't...no biggie to me. I like most all types of bikes and don't judge a person by what they ride. I usually judge them once they open their mouth and start talking or once they start doing stupid chit. If you don't like what I do or what I ride...well just gtfo of my way...later...

The bike doesn't make the person.

As far as the cops around here...well they pay attention to sportbikes but I haven't ever experienced a bias against them IF you ride like you have some sense. If you don't and then you get caught well it pays to act like you have some sense when you get pulled. I don't stunt but I do exceed the speedlimits quite a bit.[/QUOTE

X2 thanks for saving me the typing.

T-rock, I'd also like to have a stunt bike to use in "controlled environments" my reasoning is basically to better my motorcycling skills in general. I could care less about the drawing attention aspect of it.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #38
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

I will talk to anyone about their bike. I like any type of bike and their subtleties intrigue me. Most people seems to welcome the chance to tell you how good their bike is.
I have experienced another kind of prejudice though. I own a variety of styles of bikes. I ride a stretch of New Hampshire route 9 as part of my commute. In this one little small town I have been stopped and given the once over when on my Hayabusa and my 999 for being 5 10 miles over the limit. every time I have managed to get out of it with a "don't do it again or in one case a written warning. I am grateful because it is up to the police to use their discretion as they see fit. But I have gone past the same policeman on a Cruiser or a Lux Tourer at 15 to 20 over and never caught a second look. Anyone with similar expereince?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #39
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I will talk to anyone about their bike. I like any type of bike and their subtleties intrigue me. Most people seems to welcome the chance to tell you how good their bike is.
I have experienced another kind of prejudice though. I own a variety of styles of bikes. I ride a stretch of New Hampshire route 9 as part of my commute. In this one little small town I have been stopped and given the once over when on my Hayabusa and my 999 for being 5 10 miles over the limit. every time I have managed to get out of it with a "don't do it again or in one case a written warning. I am grateful because it is up to the police to use their discretion as they see fit. But I have gone past the same policeman on a Cruiser or a Lux Tourer at 15 to 20 over and never caught a second look. Anyone with similar expereince?
Uhh yeah.... except when i go by on the old mans chopper everyone just drools
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #40
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

to clarify... if I see a fully geared up sportbiker... the odds are I'll chat with them... or at least try. but if they've got shorts on... or flip flops... or no gloves... or worst of all no jacket... naw... I'll pass...

well I think part of it is the fact that I deal with 600+ 18-30y/o's daily. I probably get asked about motorcycles at least 10 times a day.

Most of these airmen are virgin's to the motorcycle world... and know nothing but what they've seen them selves, on TV or on Youtube. I do my best to lead them down a safe path... but I know how thick headed I was when I was in my early 20's. (like that's changed) I've actually set up a once a month briefing for all those who ride, or are even remotely intrested in motorcycles for our Squadron. we had the first one last week...

We talked about saftey gear benifits/drawbacks... different types of bikes... why they are interested in bikes... ect. I'm sure I have a couple "squids" in the group... but I do my best to keep things as informal as possible in these meetings (still very military structured though) and let them air their side or views....

I guess this my have a big part in my bias... as listening to all the ignorant crap these airmen see/hear... and then think it's the right way, has gotten me looking at most sportbikers and think... another awesome Rep for the motorcycle community.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote