Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 AM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I have a pair of the Draggin Jeans. I hate the cut and the way they look. They remind me of Rustlers or Wranglers. I also have Shift,Icon and LBZ riding jeans/pants. Of them all,the Icons fit and look the best but I doubt they have the protection of the Draggin Jeans. I also have the Bohn under armor. I think it would provide great protection but I found it to be very hot. I got a severe case of monkey butt wearing it on a long ride and quit using them. BTW I just ordered the Icon Leather pants. Supposedly they follow Icon's general style lines,ie boot cut/loose fit. I'm hoping the airflow will be good. I'll let everyone know when they come in. Maybe I'll join Photobucket so I can post some pics.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #12
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

I'm assuming you would want to buy them a couple inches long to avoid ride up wouldn't ya?
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #13
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Were they when they first came out? They now have velcro'd pockets... the first pair I got they slid around, now they stay RIGHT where they should.
Mine have the velcro pockets. I just bought them last season. The armor will stay inside the jeans where it is supposed to. What I'm talking about is the jeans sliding around on me, since jeans are a lot baggier than leathers.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #14
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
I was thinkin about them, but I am going to pick up some of the bohn underamor pants instead, and just wear that underneath regular jeans. Gives you more options, and I think that the Bohn product offers a higher level of protection.
I'm looking for a pair of Bohn Adventure shorts for under my leathers.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

I currently own two pairs of Draggin Jeans. I have their regular jeans and the cargo jeans. The cargo jeans are much, much more comfortable and look better then the regular jeans. Draggin jeans fit true to size. I bought them in the size jeans I normally wear and they both fit perfect.

I also have a pair of Shift riding jeans that I like alot, but not as much as the Draggin jeans.

I've tried on Joe Rocket riding jeans, Cortech riding jeans, and Icon riding jeans. None of those fit as well as the Draggin Jeans or offered as much protection as the Draggin jeans. The Shift jeans were a close second, which is why I went with them. But the Draggin jeans are still the best "riding" jeans i've worn.

The Draggin jeans use a much thicker dennim then other riding jeans and their stitching is tripple stitched all over for extra durability. They have plenty of Kevlar protection all around the legs, hips, and butt.

I highly reccomend them

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #16
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Are draggin jeans heavy in weight? And do they get hot in warm weather?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #17
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Are draggin jeans heavy in weight? And do they get hot in warm weather?
They are warmer in hot weather then regular jeans. I will say that. But nowhere near as bad as wearing leather. I ride pretty much year round. When it's 98 20% humidity i'm still riding.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #18
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

I wear leather always....and if it's that hot I just dont ride.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #19
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

I think that the Cortech Mod jeans differ from the DSX jeans in the appearance. I can't see anything else different.

Azoom, how do you get the Cortech jeans to fit you? They look like they cut for men's sizes. I wouldn't mind getting my niece some of those jeans for putting around town. I got her a pair of the BMW jeans-lookalike riding pants but that's the only one that she has. Otherwise she has a mesh pants for super hot days and a leather pants for hard riding.

I take the kneecups out of all of those jeans because unless they are seriously formfitting, the cups aren't going to stay on anyway.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #20
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I think that the Cortech Mod jeans differ from the DSX jeans in the appearance. I can't see anything else different.

Azoom, how do you get the Cortech jeans to fit you? They look like they cut for men's sizes. I wouldn't mind getting my niece some of those jeans for putting around town. I got her a pair of the BMW jeans-lookalike riding pants but that's the only one that she has. Otherwise she has a mesh pants for super hot days and a leather pants for hard riding.

I take the kneecups out of all of those jeans because unless they are seriously formfitting, the cups aren't going to stay on anyway.
They are relaxed men's fit - that means I go for them to fit my hips, and deal with extra material at the waist. The newest ones I have, the pockets are small enough for the knee armor to fit into and they don't move... they are similar to the pockets for the armor in my jacket. Don't move at all.

I don't fit into women's gear... I'm now convinced that gear is all made for leprechauns I need to have the option of an inseam well over 30.

The best fitting jeans so far for me have been the Ducati jeans - go figure. But, at $300+ a pair they can blow me...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote