Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #31
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hey bro,since you're so close to me,could you see if they have a 36/34 in the cargo jeans. I never tried those since I hated the regular ones so much. Thanks.
I'll check but it may be at least a couple of weeks before I make it back over there.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I'll check but it may be at least a couple of weeks before I make it back over there.
That's cool bro,whenever is fine.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #33
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

I've heard good things about those. I've been considering picking up a pair to widen the range of situations where I would ride. Get some more basic street time in.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #34
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I would never buy Draggin' or any other riding specific jeans... The fact that my jeans did not tear when I crashed and the amount of road rash I got tells me that they're probably just not worth it. Leather FTW.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #35
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

I have a set of Icon Recon Jeans that I got when they first came out, and I'm very happy with them. I wrecked in them twice and they held up very well. The only thing I don't like is the "look" of the jeans with the stretch material in the crotch. I am probably going to get another pair of riding jeans that look a little more "normal" here soon. I like the Icon Anthem and Strongarm, I'll probably pick up a set next month.
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:19 AM   #36
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I would never buy Draggin' or any other riding specific jeans... The fact that my jeans did not tear when I crashed and the amount of road rash I got tells me that they're probably just not worth it. Leather FTW.
Yea I hear ya but that's what the kevlar is for...."the burn"...plus these are 14.5 oz. denim...not to be compared with "regular" jeans...whether they "tore" or not. I also have their CE-rated knee/shinn armor included so I think they're just fine.

It also helps having pokets in jeans...I have a thickazz leather wallet in one hip pocket and the hard plastic kickstand plate/thingy in the other hip pocket for added protection against burning my azz in a slide.

To each their own though.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #37
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
I have a set of Icon Recon Jeans that I got when they first came out, and I'm very happy with them. I wrecked in them twice and they held up very well. The only thing I don't like is the "look" of the jeans with the stretch material in the crotch. I am probably going to get another pair of riding jeans that look a little more "normal" here soon. I like the Icon Anthem and Strongarm, I'll probably pick up a set next month.
The Strongarm have a big ugly green skull on the butt

Anthems have more protection and look more professional.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #38
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
The Strongarm have a big ugly green skull on the butt

Anthems have more protection and look more professional.
I actually kinda like the skull (although I haven't seen the jeans in person). Plus the Strongarm is less money. Between the two I'm more concerned with fit and protection, if they're uncomfortable and I don't wear them they're not going to save my ass. I'll look around, I'm planning a trip from KW to Alaska next summer, so I might be saving the money to buy something more along the lines of a adventure touring jacket/pants combo. (I don't know how a muddy set of Icon jeans would look on a KLR on the AL-Can.)
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #39
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I have the ladies ICON jeans, cant remember which style, it was last years I think, and while protection wise they are good, the fit really sucks...I agree with Zoomie...i am oddly sized anyway, but the first pair I ordered the waist would have been fine, but they didnt go past the hips and thighs, and the second pair almost fits in the hips, it is huge in the waist, but the length was good!! For me, I'll stick with leathers on the track and for "spirited" riding, and regular jeans the rest of the time...ladies beware of the stretchy jeans tho, those offer ZERO protection since they arent real denim, think levi's and such for sturdy non armored riding jeans...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote