Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Dime Quarter > For Sale

Old 05-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4
Default FS '06 600 Katana $4600; Baltimore

I have a 2006 Black Katana 600 with 974 miles on the clock. Was flopped on both sides; I have ordered new plastics, turnsignals, mirrors and you get your choice of can (Stock, Yosh, or Leo Vince; if it were me, I'd stick with stock; if you want a full system, I'll give you an allowance and you install and rejet). It has a half-dollar sized dent in the lh side of the gas tank which I am going to try to pop out . Otherwise it's pretty much a new bike. Bought it off a young lady who scared herself after dropping it twice in the parking lot in one day (petite, new rider, maybe 5'3" and all of 100 lbs). I am awaiting the lien release (about 5-7 days). Will deliver up to 75 miles from Baltimore, or will kick in $200 towards shipping CC.

I won't have any photos this week because I am awaiting the lien release before I take delivery (trust me, I am making certain I don't get burned). I will have all the work done before delivery to you. If you want an almost-new bike for a way-less-than-new price, lemme know.

Clean title.

Will Md inspect for Md resident.

Leigh
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Question- do you ever get into small(er) cruisers? My dad is interested in a commuter. Something like the 650cc Yamahas/Stars or a Sportster 883. Not interested in sportbikes or the high price a used Harley seems to carry. Don't think he'd be comfortable on something like a GZ 250 though.

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 05-24-2008 at 06:48 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
OTB
The Man

What's Dad's riding experience?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
What's Dad's riding experience?
MSF- he just got his license end of last summer. He's 6' and heavier than me, so anything terribly small is out. He kinda likes the KLR650 though.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
MSF- he just got his license end of last summer. He's 6' and heavier than me, so anything terribly small is out. He kinda likes the KLR650 though.
My Uncle has a Honda Magna (V4) 750 he wants to sell. I learned on it. It's a good bike.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My Uncle has a Honda Magna (V4) 750 he wants to sell. I learned on it. It's a good bike.
Got a pic? How much is he asking?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #7
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

I dont have a pic...but it's in pretty good shape. I dont know the mileage or the exact year...but I think it's an 88. I'm pretty sure he is looking for low 2's for it. Might be able to talk him a little lower.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Sorry for cluttering your thread OTB. Maybe a mod could split this off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I dont have a pic...but it's in pretty good shape. I dont know the mileage or the exact year...but I think it's an 88. I'm pretty sure he is looking for low 2's for it. Might be able to talk him a little lower.
Cool. I'd appreciate it if you could find a pic and post it, or PM me. I googled a pic with the lower bars and straight exhaust, and he liked that. Personally, I like the Z750/1000 style upswept exhaust better, but it's not for me. That price range is exactly what he's looking for.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #9
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Yeah I'll talk to him and get a pic for you.

Quote:
Old 05-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #10
OTB
The Man

Well. did you boys work somtin out? bunch a bloody highjackers is wot you is.......