Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

View Poll Results: Am I too old for a sportbike?
You're too old, get a cruiser. 2 3.39%
You're too old but get a sportbike anyway. 27 45.76%
You're too old, get a naked/streetfighter/supermoto. 9 15.25%
Yo're old but Taters whore ex-wife will ride on the back of anything. 21 35.59%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #21
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You don't look at all like you're 38.
that's what I was thinking... I was think'n like 23...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #22
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

you missed the "never too old" option in your poll...

I realize in other states the majority of sport riders is early to mid 20's but several of the guys I ride with are either pushing their 40's or already well past them...hell some of them are past 50 and they still get up and go...

I met a guy at Jennings last trip, guy was in his 60's or 70's, cant remember his name, he said all his young rider buddies just called him "OG" for old guy and he was cool as shit, his first track day on a KICK ASS aprilia...he's one of those collector/rider types too, and he was talking about getting more and more track time, cuz now he's addicted!!!

Youre never too old to do what you love!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #23
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

The CMRA club I used to race in has one of the most competitive and quick formula 40 classes I have ever seen. One of my "old" teammates was 53 and could seriously kick SV ass and one of my chief rivals for the 02 championship was 48...I think I will have to have some severe back or neck problems before I hang it up.

Still it is funny when some LEO pulls me over and expects to chew up some kid and he sees the grey hairs under the helmet

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #24
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

You need to meet Randy. He's old as dirt and just got rid of his BUsa for an R1. Slams 40's to get ready for a ride too "hair of the dog", ya know.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #25
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

I voted for the streetfighter or SuMo, not because you're too old for a sportbike, just because SF/SuMo's are a BLAST!

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #26
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
I voted for the streetfighter or SuMo, not because you're too old for a sportbike, just because SF/SuMo's are a BLAST!
SuMo's lack the power I want. And the only street fighter I would buy would be a Tuono, but I'm not spending $13.5K + on a bike right now.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #27
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝
Default I'm gonna get all dr. phil on your ass

Here's my guess at what she's worried about; she loves you and your riding scares her, especially sportbikes as everyone knows they're about speed and performance- risky endeavors.
She's coming to terms with her own mortality and just like any good wife, doesn't want to live the rest of her life without you. She wants you to switch to something like a cruiser so you'll go slower and take fewer risks, probably wants you to give up riding all together but knows you love riding so that's too much to ask.

If you're taking her argument at face value it's easily disputable, look up some of the current professional racers who are in their 30's, not many past about 35 but still a few that are up there, still competitive, still not dead. Without meeting you though I can't really say. Some 80 year olds are just as quick physically and mentally as I am, most 20 year olds arent so it really has to do with how badly your mind is atrophying with age.

Last edited by PiZdETS; 05-30-2008 at 02:34 PM..
PiZdETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #28
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Here's my guess at what she's worried about; she loves you and your riding scares her, especially sportbikes as everyone knows they're about speed and performance- risky endeavors.
She's coming to terms with her own mortality and just like any good wife, doesn't want to live the rest of her life without you. She wants you to switch to something like a cruiser so you'll go slower and take fewer risks, probably wants you to give up riding all together but knows you love riding so that's too much to ask.

If you're taking her argument at face value it's easily disputable, look up some of the current professional racers who are in their 30's, not many past about 35 but still a few that are up there, still competitive, still not dead.
While I cant say that me riding doesn't scare her, the type of bike doesn't matter. She just wants me to "act" my age and have something in common with the cruiser riders in my neighborhood.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
While I cant say that me riding doesn't scare her, the type of bike doesn't matter. She just wants me to "act" my age and have something in common with the cruiser riders in my neighborhood.
Fuck those old bastard cruiser riding sunuvabitches.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #30
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Fuck those old bastard cruiser riding sunuvabitches.
Said the Harley rider.......