Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 01-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #41
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I don't know too much about him. I did hear he posed nude in I think Cosmo years ago. He had to get so much freaking ass after that. I did a little reading and saw he supported the mandatory healthcare for residents of the state of Massachusetts. That bothers me a lot.

Now didn't Ted Kennedy get the law changed so that the then Republican governor couldn't appoint a Republican to his seat after he died? Then a Democrat becomes governor and because of the new law a Republican got Ted Kennedy's seat. With the great irony being that if they didn't change the law they'd have a Democrat in there? Beautiful, just beautiful.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #42
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I for one like the new senator from MASS

AND his 2 daughters
And at least one of them is single.
Im starting to like this guy.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...er=rss&emc=rss

Quote:
January 20, 2010, 3:48 pm

Brown and His Daughters — a New Web Sensation
By KATHARINE Q. SEELYE
Scott Brown seemed to have a lot on his mind Tuesday night as he celebrated his upset win over Martha Coakley to become the next Senator from Massachusetts. Not only did he have a victory speech to make, he also seemed intent on marrying off his daughters.

Shortly after beginning his speech, he thanked his wife, Gail Huff, and his “two lovely daughters,” all beaming alongside him.

“So I want to thank Ayla and Arianna for their help as well,” he said, then could apparently not contain himself.

“And just in case anybody who’s watching throughout the country — yes, they’re both available!”

Arianna, 19, and Ayla, 21, gasped with shock and disbelief. Ayla threw him a quizzical glance, then buried her face in her hands. They quickly regained their composure and apparently decided to roll with it, joining in the laughter as their father grinned.

Ayla clasped his shoulders from behind and said into his ear, “Not Arianna.”

“Only kidding,” Dad went on. “Only kidding. Only kidding. Only kidding. Arianna definitely is not available. But Ayla is!”

Yikes! More shrieks went up and Ayla dropped her jaw, as if to say, “Whaaa??” At that point his wife cried “Stop!”

That scene has been ricocheting around the Internet and among pundits throughout the day, with some supporters joking about it while others — even Glenn Beck — finding it appalling.

It’s not clear how truly mortified the daughters and wife were; the whole family is used to being on public display.

Ayla is a senior at Boston College and something of a local celebrity for her basketball-playing and for having made it to the finals of American Idol. (See performances here and here )

Arianna, 19, a competitive equestrian, is a pre-med student at Syracuse University. The daughters were already a highly visible part of their father’s campaign. Here’s a video in which they introduce their father. Their mother is used to the limelight as a television newscaster, though she stayed away from the campaign trail to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Mr. Brown is no wallflower himself. A former model, he won a Cosmopolitan magazine contest for “America’s Sexiest Man” in 1982, appearing naked in the centerfold.

In any case on Tuesday night, he pressed on in the same vein for some time, helpfully pointing out to viewers which daughter was which (Arianna, blonde, wore a silver gown, and Ayla, a brunette, wore a darker one).

“I can see I’m going to get in trouble when I get home,” the amused father observed before veering back to the matter at hand.

On the Web, people have been commenting wildly about the spectacle, some laughingly and others simply asking why Mr. Brown would do such a thing.

The comments were taking on a political cast, with one supporter writing: “It was inspiring, fun, and gave us a glimpse into the delightful relationship the Brown family shares. Those of you that thought it classless or stupid are the types Scott Brown is being sent to Washington to help us get rid of.”

But Mr. Beck, the conservative radio host, seemed mortified and spent several minutes on his radio program mocking Mr. Brown for saying, essentially, “Hey! My two daughters on a meat market!” He said his daughters would have reacted by saying: “Dad! National television! What are you doing?! Do you know how many psychos there are out there?”

“I want a chastity belt on this man,” Mr. Beck declared. “I want his every move watched in Washington,” he added.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #43
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You call the Bush years conservative?
I don't know what to call the Bush years besides fucked up. It definitely wasn't economic conservative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #44
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

I would tend to refer to that as "neo-conservatism in ascendancy." Hopefully you don't see its like again, in your lifetime.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #45
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I don't know too much about him. I did hear he posed nude in I think Cosmo years ago. He had to get so much freaking ass after that. I did a little reading and saw he supported the mandatory healthcare for residents of the state of Massachusetts. That bothers me a lot.

Now didn't Ted Kennedy get the law changed so that the then Republican governor couldn't appoint a Republican to his seat after he died? Then a Democrat becomes governor and because of the new law a Republican got Ted Kennedy's seat. With the great irony being that if they didn't change the law they'd have a Democrat in there? Beautiful, just beautiful.
The laws concerning vacancies were changed a few times to suit the Democrats in MA, but they didn't and don't control which party someone must belong to. The person appointed (Paul Kirk) to be the interim Senator was a Democrat. The appointment was temporary until a special election could be held. That special election happened Tuesday and the Republican candidate (Brown) won. MA doesn't have a Republican Senator because of the law, they have one because MA residents voted for him.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #46
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
The laws concerning vacancies were changed a few times to suit the Democrats in MA, but they didn't and don't control which party someone must belong to. The person appointed (Paul Kirk) to be the interim Senator was a Democrat. The appointment was temporary until a special election could be held. That special election happened Tuesday and the Republican candidate (Brown) won. MA doesn't have a Republican Senator because of the law, they have one because MA residents voted for him.
They had an interim one because of the Democrats. They changed the law to a special election when Kerry left to run for Pres so Romney couldn't appoint a Republican. They changed it again recently to get Paul Kirk appointed so they wouldn't be without a crucial vote for health care. The special election law they put in effect still went against them though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #47
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Man Who Voluntarily Chose to Buy GMC Canyon Elected to U.S. Senate

Voters in Massachusetts have chosen a man who bought a GMC Canyon as their next representative to the U.S. Senate

According to reports, Senator-Elect Scott Brown voluntarily purchased the 5-cylinder truck, with either his own money or a bank loan. “As far as we know, there was no coercion involved in Brown’s purchase of the vehicle, the worst truck in America” said Sgt. Pete Malloy, of the Boston Police Department.

The GMC Canyon, based on an Isuzu design and featuring the world’s worst engine currently in production, has typically been the truck of choice of people who “You wouldn’t trust to buy your groceries, let alone vote on foreign policy,” remarked Evan Smith of the think tank and publisher Council on Foreign Relations.

Voters apparently didn’t mind Brown’s choice of Canyon, however. Amanda Eisler, 23, of Springfield told MetaCars, “I don’t see how his choice of car is important. Senator Brown is like real smart and has good judgment, just like my dad.” When asked, Eisler said her father is also an auto enthusiast. “He’s got a Suzuki Verona and a Chrysler Sebring sedan.”

TTAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #48
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Man Who Voluntarily Chose to Buy GMC Canyon Elected to U.S. Senate

This would only hurt him in a State where people know what a GMC Canyon or a 5 cylinder engine are. Knowledge of vehicles in general doesn't seem to exist for most in MA outside the belief that a propeller roundel or three pointed star makes something "wicked". Knowledge of engines is usually limited to the belief that a _45 is better than a _35.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #49
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

The 5cylinder is by far the worst engine in production.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #50
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
The 5cylinder is by far the worst engine in production.
The 5-cyl Jetta I drove was pretty decent, excellent torque.

The 5-cyl Hummer H3 on the other hand......total dog.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote