Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Why irony? The job market is becoming more and more specialized every day and each of those specializations require higher education. How can we expect the incoming generation to succeed if we are sawing the legs out from under their ability to get an education?

There is, of course, the other side of the coin here - Why in the name of hell does it cost 20k per year to get said education? WTF
And lot of thats not even for the "specialized" training that 20k can be for liberal arts or core classes like english and humanities courses.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Why irony? The job market is becoming more and more specialized every day and each of those specializations require higher education. How can we expect the incoming generation to succeed if we are sawing the legs out from under their ability to get an education?
This is the crux of our issue. On the face of it, it sounds like a great idea, same with so many of California's social programs. But then you realize that other states either don't have that program at all, or don't fund it anywhere near the level we do and you realize why we're bankrupt. No one's saying college is a bad thing, but the money to pay for it has to come from somewhere, and we ain't got it. Neither do most states. Don't like it? Go to an LSU or Ol Miss instead of UCLA and see the difference. Even with the cuts, our system is still far better funded than most states'.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #13
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
This is the crux of our issue. On the face of it, it sounds like a great idea, same with so many of California's social programs. But then you realize that other states either don't have that program at all, or don't fund it anywhere near the level we do and you realize why we're bankrupt. No one's saying college is a bad thing, but the money to pay for it has to come from somewhere, and we ain't got it. Neither do most states. Don't like it? Go to an LSU or Ol Miss instead of UCLA and see the difference. Even with the cuts, our system is still far better funded than most states'.
Well, if you ask me, the money to educate students should come directly out of the mouths of illegal mexicans. If that shit ass state wasnt supporting illegals, half of these problems wouldnt exist.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:51 PM   #14
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Well, if you ask me, the money to educate students should come directly out of the mouths of illegal mexicans. If that shit ass state wasnt supporting illegals, half of these problems wouldnt exist.
And upset half of their voting block? Yeah I know they're illegal but if the dead can vote in Chicago then anyone can vote. Plus once immigration reform goes through it'll seal the deal for whoever sucked the most illegal mexican dick.

Does it matter anyways now? I thought in the healthcare bill student loans went to the federal government and after 20 years you don't have to pay anymore. I just heard a blip about it today so I'm not too what it's all about.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #15
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Fuck sakes dude. You have a repub. in office, no matter how you look at it. Mexicans and asians obviously still voted for him.
Arnold will push to the liberal side regardless if he believes in conservative polices. He does NOT hold strong to his beliefs for whatever reason.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #16
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
The problem is the kids that are born here from illegals. Those are the kids that get county aid.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #17
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
He does NOT hold strong to his beliefs for whatever reason.
Maria Shriver has probably been holding out in memory of Uncle Teddy.

And speaking of the governator. He's going to be speaking at my girlfriend's graduation. I hope he says some funny shit.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #18
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

How is cutting school funding a liberal agenda? Sounds more like a typical conservative one.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote