Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Dirt

Old 04-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #41
LaFemmes
Queen Bee

Moto: 2003 R6
Red face

It's been way to long since I have ridden dirt.

www.myspace.com/lafemmes
If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record!
LaFemmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #42
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
There's a guy on another forum selling a DRZ400 super moto for $3100... It's an '05.
Right now Im looking for used ones at the stealerships so I can trade my dirtbike in on it. Thanks for the heads up tho.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:19 AM   #43
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Right now Im looking for used ones at the stealerships so I can trade my dirtbike in on it. Thanks for the heads up tho.
You'll get ass raped trading it in... Talk to the dealers, find out what they'll give you for trade, then mark it up $500 and put it on craigslist. You'll end up much better that way... plus you won't have to pay retarded setup fees and shit...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:47 AM   #44
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
You'll get ass raped trading it in... Talk to the dealers, find out what they'll give you for trade, then mark it up $500 and put it on craigslist. You'll end up much better that way... plus you won't have to pay retarded setup fees and shit...
Yeah tru dat. The Honda stealership here sales their new stuff for like $2k off msrp but sells their used stuff for like KBB +$2k anyways. They wanted as much for a used '05 CBR600 as they do for a new '08 CBR600.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #45
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Yeah tru dat. The Honda stealership here sales their new stuff for like $2k off msrp but sells their used stuff for like KBB +$2k anyways. They wanted as much for a used '05 CBR600 as they do for a new '08 CBR600.
They do that so you have room to negotiate... What's terrible about that shit is the fact that they have room to negotiate off of MSRP... I was thinking about this the other day in the shower...

What if you opened a dealership that was more of a parts/accessories store... say, at The Gap. You make your money and stay alive off of parts/accessories... gear and whatnot... then you sell bikes for very little profit... People buying bikes for cheap, will spend the money they saved on bling, go fasts, and ass covers... If you could get the land and everything right on 129, you could very well have a fucking gold mine...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #46
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
They do that so you have room to negotiate... What's terrible about that shit is the fact that they have room to negotiate off of MSRP... I was thinking about this the other day in the shower...

What if you opened a dealership that was more of a parts/accessories store... say, at The Gap. You make your money and stay alive off of parts/accessories... gear and whatnot... then you sell bikes for very little profit... People buying bikes for cheap, will spend the money they saved on bling, go fasts, and ass covers... If you could get the land and everything right on 129, you could very well have a fucking gold mine...
Thats not a bad idea. You could be walking into debt tho assuming everyone will want just gear and not very many motorcycles. I see your point tho.

The reason this stealership can sell for so low tho is because they sell like 20+bikes a week. Theyre the largest Honda powersports dealer in the U.S. No doubt the prices of their used bikes play a large role too.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #47
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
DRZ400 and another Suzuki one I cant remember. Theyre way too expensive for me even used they're like $5000.
I have a DRZ400S (street legal) set up for the dirt. I was thinking about getting rid of it until I just spent 4 days down in Arkansas tearing it up....AWESOME!!! 60mph down winding dirt roads, though some awesome single track, onto the highway, back onto trails. Man it was fricken great. A little heavy to throw around on the trail, but way fun.

You can pick up DRZ's around $3k if you keep an eye out. The KTM's are too damn pricey.
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #48
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

Been thinking about getting a dual sport bike, might move to colorado. I have been told there are plenty of places to ride there.
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #49
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

I love mine just never get to ride it around here...KC sucks like that. I'll probably keep it through Tennessee then sell it when I get back. Or right before I leave
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #50
PT996S
The Wanderer!

Moto: Ducati 996S, Ducati Monster 620, CRF450X, TTR125, CRF80, CRF50
Talking

For my first post I will chime in on the dirt bike thread!

I have been riding dirt since birth and street since I was 18.

The benefit of dirt riding is that you can take a no Sh!t big get off, bounce up and keep on with you riding day. Oddly enough, MANY of the skills you use on the asphalt directly translate to the dirt (think weight/body position, relaxed arms, line choice, vision). And not to mention that if you are used to you tires getting loose and squirelly on the dirt when it happens on the asphalt your butth@le doesn't pucker up nearly as bad.

MANY pro street racers train off road. Still more got there start there (think Hayden).

And the clincher....It is a lot easy to get your fix on wooded single track where you don't have to worry about the "Bubba Brigade" (cops) around every corner like you have to in most places in California.

Just my first $.02 on this forum!
PT996S is offline   Reply With Quote