Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low
Default Motorcyclist hits pedestrian

Articles about motorcyclists being hit are bad enough regarding the accuracy of the reporting. I wonder what really happened here. One of the comments at the end of the story calls the rider a thug. Great.

Get well soon young lady and don't forget what the crosswalk is for and, oh yeah, looking both ways...

http://www.pnj.com/article/20100422/NEWS01/4220308

Pace High School 10th-grader Kaylin Shuck already had a dress and a date for the prom.

But she'll now have to wait for another occasion to wear the white halter top gown with blue embroidered flowers.

Kaylin, 17, is recovering from injuries she suffered Saturday night when she was struck by a speeding motorcycle while crossing Pensacola Beach Boulevard on Pensacola Beach.

"No parent should ever have to watch their child being struck by any vehicle," her father, Barry Shuck, said Wednesday through muffled tears.

Shuck was just about to cross the road with Kaylin when she was hit.

"You don't know if you are there to hold her head in her last breathing moments, or if you're there to deal with the situation," he said.

Kaylin is expected to recover, despite multiple broken bones, her father said. She's in Baptist Hospital, where she was taken following the 11:30 p.m. crash.

The bones of Kaylin's right leg and left arm were shattered when Michael W. Dooley's motorcycle struck her just north of Fort Pickens Road.

Dooley, 28, of Pensacola was traveling at a "high rate of speed" toward the Bob Sikes Bridge, and Kaylin was not walking in a crosswalk when she was hit, Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Steven Preston said.

Dooley was ticketed for careless driving.

After five hours of surgery Sunday morning, doctors stabilized Kayin's leg with five metal rods.

Two metal plates were put in her arm during another surgery Wednesday, said her mother, Donna Shuck.

"The doctor said she won't be able to go back to school this year; she'll have to be home-schooled," the mother said. "And my daughter may never dance at her prom."

Kaylin is expected to leave the hospital Friday or Saturday, but she still will need two more surgeries to repair her leg.

Kaylin's older sister, 21-year-old Eliza George, was walking beside Kaylin when Kaylin was struck, Barry Shuck said.

She was treated for minor injuries and released from Baptist Hospital early Sunday.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Well the fact that a charge was laid at the scene tends to uphold the idea that the motorcyclist was at fault but, admittedly, that could have been based on the reports of family members who wouldn't exactly be unbiased.

The only time that I can recall a news story not being biased against motorcyclists in the way that it was worded, was a couple of years back when a stoned driver drove through a bunch of bikes during a local charity ride, killing and injuring several of the riders.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Ok, so he was speeding. Shame on him, he got the carless ticket. She should have been in crosswalk, then she's safe(er) or maybe she should have looked before she crossed?
Motorcycles are NOT that big, pretty easy to get out of the fucking way if you are paying any attention at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #4
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

I have been on this stretch of road several times in the cage. I have come very close
to hitting pedestrians a few times. There are no street lights there so unless you are in
the crosswalk it is really difficult to see anyone. 'Bout stopped my heart when it happened. I don't know whose fault it was...sucks all the way around.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Wonder what her curfew is?
Why is 17 year old in 10th grade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Why is 17 year old in 10th grade?
I think it is pretty obvious.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I think it is pretty obvious.
So true, and kinda funny.

Not funny that someone got hurt funny though.. that would just be mean.
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
"Kaylin was not walking in a crosswalk when she was hit, Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Steven Preston said."

I'll tell you what happened: Stupid distracted cunt walked into the fucking roadway.

There's a reason for crosswalks.

...But lets blame the motorcyclist!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #9
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I'll tell you what happened: Stupid distracted cunt walked into the fucking roadway.

There's a reason for crosswalks.

...But lets blame the motorcyclist!
Cuz it couldnt possibly be the bikers fault? He couldn't have been doing 100mph in a 60mph zone? Is the girl supposed to judge not only distance she has, but also the speed the motorcycle is travelling? I realize were all bikers and look out for our own, but that doesn't mean were all innocent of any accident were in.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I was coming home from dinner. I was doing the speed limit. I was in my car. My daughter was in the seat next to me.

A kid (her classmate, 11 yrs. old at the time) ran INTO THE HIGHWAY WITHOUT LOOKING, OPPOSITE THE CROSSWALK, AGAINST THE LIGHT, AT 10:00 PM on a school night.

I was driving a Corvette.

Who got careless driving? Who lost their license for a year? Who had to go bankrupt? Who got sued for a million dollars? Who had their life ruined? Me.

BTW, the kid was back in school, before my car was back from the shop.

Little piece of shit, and his greedy cunt mom ruined my life. The cop lied in court, and the Monmouth county prosecutor, through my lawyer threatened me, and told me if I didn't plead out, they would send me to jail.

I don't expect things will go much better for this guy. If you think it matters how fast he was going, or if was even his fucking fault, you're a fool.

Welcome to reality.

A crying mom can move mountains. It only takes the help of spineless men around her, who want her to stop crying.