Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 05-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
Kristin
Not a squid

Default This is the story of a girl...

If anyone knows where that title is from, you're cool in my book. It's pretty old school. Anyway...

I'm Kristin in the small town of Greenville, NC. I have been riding for a few years but I didn't really start RIDING until a couple of years ago. Before that I was just riding the streets being a squid. I did the whole 2-up stunting thing, then decided to give it a try myself. Flipped an endo, so gave up on those. Now I stick to wheelies and other squidly tricks that I do in parking lots away from moving vehicles. It was fun for a bit but got boring. I was introduced to the TRACK and I'm still in love with it. I've only done VIR and Summit Point in WV but plan on doing a whole lot more this year. Just depends on my health and time.

I'm a gear head, always have been and pretty sure I always will be. I spend way too much money on my toys. Since I don't have any children it makes things easier to spend money on myself and what makes me happy. I've learned that I won't be around forever so I might as well enjoy my time on Earth while I am still here. Do I sound like a guy yet? Probably so. Try not to judge a book by it's cover. I'm pretty girlie on the inside...somewhere.

I had a semi bad crash at Deal's Gap about a year ago and I can't see to get my confidence level back up but I'm working on it. I guess it will just take more seat time and staying positive. Plus I need to learn to get off the seat more.

That's about it. Hope to meet you guys at Deal's Gap or either on the track sometime soon.

Kristin
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

Welcome.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
M1$3|2
Squidly McSquidster

Moto: 2004 sv650s, Yellow

Welcome to the board.
M1$3|2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
Becca_007
Street Stunter

Moto: 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Hi there and welcoem to the board. You don't sound too "guy" to me!
Becca_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Welcome, I remember hearing about your wreck now that I have seen the pics. Glad you came out fine. I am regularly up there, so if you see my white 07 RR, stop by and say hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #6
Kristin
Not a squid

Hey Trip, do you ever ride 421? They call it The Playground?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

who cried a river and drowned the whole world?

nice crash, by the way, bike totally flipped on you towards the end there huh? every girl wants to think they're "just one of the guys" but at the end of the day you've still got tits and a vagina, and be glad about it, because with those you rule the world.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
Kristin
Not a squid

thanks for the welcomes everyone. seems like a pretty cool website.
NtS: good job. haha

Yeah it hit a tree stump and started flipping in mid air. I hit a tree and that's what stopped me from going down the mtn. But just my luck, the bike hit the same tree that I hit and came down on top of me so I was pinned under it.

I got up though once people stopped and got the bike off me. I was upset because I couldn't ride anymore that day. My rear wheel was cracked along with some other stuff. I thought I was fine but about 2 days later I couldn't take it anymore. I knew I had broke my ribs and they can't do anything about that anyway. But the pain in my stomach went from aching pain to piercing pain. I went to the urgent care and they rushed me to the ER where I later found out I had internal bleeding to my chest and abdomen, swollen spleen, and all the ribs on my left side were bruised/broken.

The worst part, I didn't have health insurance. But I was back on the bike not long after. While I was in recovery people helped me get my bike back together and I was ordering parts off ebay.

Last edited by Kristin; 05-05-2008 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: i need to proofread before hitting send
Old 05-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

its a thing of beauty how people on two wheels can come together for a common cause. Shit if cages were outlawed i think world peace would come soon after.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #10
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote