Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 10-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #12
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Howdie! I second the YZF600R. Find a good low mile model they'll treat you right...Ninja 650 would be my next choice before the although if you find a real good buy on a new 500 that might give me pause...Anyway find what really lights your fire and have fun!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

Welcome.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #14
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Welcome to the site!!!

Don't let parents hold you back. Find yourself a sugar mama.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:09 AM   #15
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

So I'd be an Asshole For Posting This Eh??

Lol.

Welcome to TWFix...Good to have another Kawi Nut On Board!!
Old 10-21-2008, 02:12 AM   #16
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

those larger kawi's are nice. I wouldnt touch the entry level EX stuff again. way too much necessary if you want to keep any of em for a long time in terms of upgrades compared to the 600 class.

the EX series needs better tires, suspension, a carb tuning before it leaves the dealer, and WAY too many more things to really be ideal honestly. the suspension part on the 250 and 500 ninjas ends up being either A. really tricky to do(if you go the cheap route) or B. rather expensive, and still a pain in the ass. I still vote Yamaha YZF600. an 03-05 R6 wouldnt be a bad choice either if you've got control of your ego, and right hand.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:44 AM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I loved my 05 ZZR600... but it can be had cheaper in it's former name the 02 ZX6R

it's got all day comfort... more than enough power IMO... and fucking bright ass headlights! never had an issue with it... though I did have some issues with finding neutral on my Indy Trip... but I had the same oil in that I had stored it with (changed when I put it in storage) but it was due again when these problems started...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
So I'd be an Asshole For Posting This Eh??

Lol.

Welcome to TWFix...Good to have another Kawi Nut On Board!!
Oh, no.... with some coaching from the many fine members on this forum, I have actually been able to tell myself the world won't end next week and I will have time in my life to upgrade to a faster/sexier bike down the road!!! But what and absolute beaut she is. Can I ask how much you got her for?? I sat on a blue one at a dealer last week! I love the chrome lettering they use with the blue tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
those larger kawi's are nice. I wouldnt touch the entry level EX stuff again. way too much necessary if you want to keep any of em for a long time in terms of upgrades compared to the 600 class.

the EX series needs better tires, suspension, a carb tuning before it leaves the dealer, and WAY too many more things to really be ideal honestly. the suspension part on the 250 and 500 ninjas ends up being either A. really tricky to do(if you go the cheap route) or B. rather expensive, and still a pain in the ass. I still vote Yamaha YZF600. an 03-05 R6 wouldnt be a bad choice either if you've got control of your ego, and right hand.
My best friend started on an 05 R6 about 4 months ago and he has done rather fine... except for one incident involving a dog and the subsequent drive into a neighbors yard... it cost him a new windshield. He has a good head on his shoulders and is mature enought to handle a midsized bike. The one thing that scared me about him is he only weighs about 110 soaking wet. Honest to god it would take 3 of him to equal what i weigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I loved my 05 ZZR600... but it can be had cheaper in it's former name the 02 ZX6R

it's got all day comfort... more than enough power IMO... and fucking bright ass headlights! never had an issue with it... though I did have some issues with finding neutral on my Indy Trip... but I had the same oil in that I had stored it with (changed when I put it in storage) but it was due again when these problems started...
Love the ZZR/zx-6r. Those big cat eyes, duck bill intake, and relatively comfortable seat. My other friend had one before a bout with some gravel in a turn. Bugs me it doesnt have a gas guage tho... Now I know the older zx-6r can be had for cheaper, but isnt that still classefied under the sport insurance, whereas the ZZR is under the S/T category??
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Love the ZZR/zx-6r. Those big cat eyes, duck bill intake, and relatively comfortable seat. My other friend had one before a bout with some gravel in a turn. Bugs me it doesnt have a gas guage tho... Now I know the older zx-6r can be had for cheaper, but isnt that still classefied under the sport insurance, whereas the ZZR is under the S/T category??
no... for me (I'm with State farm) they go by cc's... so my insurance for a 08 600RR (my next bike) is $20 more a year... bringing it to a total of $48... for full coverage... but I'm 28... and there was a NICE drop in my insurance after 25.

as for the gas gauge... it bugged me too for about 2 months... after that you get used to it... you learn when it starts sputtering, switch to reserve and find a gas station... you usually had about 20 miles to play with. Besides any time I threw my leg over I looked at my trip meter... I could go 150-170 on it with stock gearing per tank... before reserve. so if it was above 120 I would fill up if it was anything more than just a quick run to the store, ect.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #20
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

fffffffffffffffffourty eight???????

I was quoted with no accidents/violations through Geico at........ hold on let me stable myself for this one...... $2,500 on a newer 600! F-ing sportbikes and their squidly riders...!!!
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote