Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
I had a friend who was going to let me borrow one of his extra bikes that he had no insurance on (fly and ride type of thing), so I called my insurance agent to see if I could take out a policy on it. His answer was that the insurance I had on my bike covered me on his bike even if he didn't have a policy on it. Not sure how that would work if you don't already have a bike policy.
When Evan and I were dating I would frequently ride his motorcycles. He put me on the policy as a driver... covered.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
I had a friend who was going to let me borrow one of his extra bikes that he had no insurance on (fly and ride type of thing), so I called my insurance agent to see if I could take out a policy on it. His answer was that the insurance I had on my bike covered me on his bike even if he didn't have a policy on it. Not sure how that would work if you don't already have a bike policy.
Yes, I already have a policy, but it runs out on the 28th. And no bike of my own = no new policy on my bike. So thats where I'm sitting. I'll call the ins company in a few days.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

You could buy it from him for $100, transfer the title to you, them have him buy it back when he wants it back. Not sure how well that'll work in your area but here you can sale something for any amount and they just tax what you write down.

If the fat bitch behind the counter gives you any lip than just tell her you got bronchitis and you aint got time for that. I fucking hate the dmv and registration offices. Full of fat talkin bitches that think they have some kind of authority.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
You could buy it from him for $100, transfer the title to you, them have him buy it back when he wants it back. Not sure how well that'll work in your area but here you can sale something for any amount and they just tax what you write down.

If the fat bitch behind the counter gives you any lip than just tell her you got bronchitis and you aint got time for that. I fucking hate the dmv and registration offices. Full of fat talkin bitches that think they have some kind of authority.
You know, I thought about that. But I'll wait to see what ins says....

I ordered a Delkevic front fairing for him the other night. I was shopping ebay for either clean OEMs that had been pulled off of part bikes or Delkevics, because they are injection moulded like OEM, and have the metal tappets already in the bolt holes. Anything that was OEM, even if it had scratches, was over $275. There was 1 Delkevic for $199 with $30 shipping from Delkevic US. I was just about to pull the trigger when I decided to check out Delkevic's site. Wouldn't you know it, but the fairing was $119 on their own website.

Get paid friday, so I'll get it the new battery, and I may be up and running by the weekend.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote