Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 01-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Michelin Lovers Rejoice!!!

Now I don't know what STG is doing these tires for but here is Cycle Sector's price $250 a set for the new Power Pure or Road 2CTs, $230 for Pilot Power 2CTs, or $190 for Pilot Powers. They also have a deal on Pilot Power 2CTs for $230 if you get a 120 front and 190/55 rear.

http://www.cyclesector.com/MICHELIN_...-powerpure.htm
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Motorcycle superstore has similar prices for the powers. I figure they have served me well for street and track duty so I may pick up 3 or 4 sets for the season and be done for tires for the year.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Now I don't know what STG is doing these tires for but here is Cycle Sector's price $250 a set for the new Power Pure or Road 2CTs, $230 for Pilot Power 2CTs, or $190 for Pilot Powers. They also have a deal on Pilot Power 2CTs for $230 if you get a 120 front and 190/55 rear.
Do those prices for the 2CTs include shipping? I'm doing a similar deal at my shop. But mine doesn't include shipping.

I would really like to help any members here who are looking for tires for the up coming season

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

$220 for a pair, shipped. Now I can get rid of these crappy Diablo Stradas that came on the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Motorcycle superstore has similar prices for the powers. I figure they have served me well for street and track duty so I may pick up 3 or 4 sets for the season and be done for tires for the year.
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
Do those prices for the 2CTs include shipping? I'm doing a similar deal at my shop. But mine doesn't include shipping.

I would really like to help any members here who are looking for tires for the up coming season
If I were to ride down there... how much would you charge for Road 2's mounted? 120/70, 190/50
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Competition Accessories is doing the 2CTs for $239 shipped.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Thats a good price, I think.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
I don't know how they are doing it. I just had my tire rep here this morning and I told him what these internet places are doing and he wasn't all too thrilled.

I looked through that link that you posted and for the PPowers they are making about $26 a set. I would really love to help you guys with tires, but I can't beat that price, hell I can't even meet that price. These internet guys are killing dealerships, pretty soon you are probably only going to be able to buy a bike on the internet, cause dealerships can't compete with internet sellers.

I know a lot of you guys don't use dealerships for anything but warranty issues, but when that dealer isn't there anymore to do your warranty and you have to trailer your bike 100-200 miles for a warranty issue I hope you guys understand why.

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I don't know how they are doing it. I just had my tire rep here this morning and I told him what these internet places are doing and he wasn't all too thrilled.

I looked through that link that you posted and for the PPowers they are making about $26 a set. I would really love to help you guys with tires, but I can't beat that price, hell I can't even meet that price. These internet guys are killing dealerships, pretty soon you are probably only going to be able to buy a bike on the internet, cause dealerships can't compete with internet sellers.

I know a lot of you guys don't use dealerships for anything but warranty issues, but when that dealer isn't there anymore to do your warranty and you have to trailer your bike 100-200 miles for a warranty issue I hope you guys understand why.
I don't know bro... here's the thing. I'm friends with the owner of a dealership back in Michigan and I talked him into trying matching the internet prices and having a reasonable cost for installation and oil changes. He charges $60 on the bike to install and $40 to change the oil and filter. He hired two guys that do nothing but change tires and do oil changes and they can't keep up. They are busy, open to close. Now you are going to say that he only makes $30 on the tires and maybe $20 on the oil change...sure but since he only pays those guys about $10/hr and they do 15-25 tire changes/lofs a day...he's still making money on the labor AND he is increasing traffic through his dealership which equals sales. Now he only sells tire installed and the oil change deal only came as a combo/package, as in $99 for tire and oil change.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #10
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:

Dealers are outrageously expensive on everything else, even if they are only making 20 bucks on tires. Trim the prices and stop raping consumers and you might stroll in some more biz, sucka.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote