Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Undertail and Stompgrips

Installed new undertail and Stompgrips on my bike this weekend... yea I know whoopie doo... Just thought I'd post something bike related.

Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

How much and where did you get the stomp grips? I've been contemplating them, except folks keep telling me that they tear up leathers.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
How much and where did you get the stomp grips? I've been contemplating them, except folks keep telling me that they tear up leathers.
I think they're about $40 a set. I haven't had problems with leather destruction so. They help me use my legs instead of my arms and with my bike's forward bias, I need all the help I can get. I hate the way they look on the white tank but I'm spoiled and don't feel right without them after using them for so long. I thought about just putting a couple snowboard ovals on my tank but my friend at SG sent me these for free a couple months ago so...
Old 07-28-2009, 01:40 AM   #4
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

stomp grips, meh

but the undertail, looks good man. clean.

night shot?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:35 AM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
stomp grips, meh

but the undertail, looks good man. clean.

night shot?
Camera phone to the rescue! Not the best pics, sorry.

As you can see, the round yellow light are running and turn signals and the red lights are running and brake lights. My tail light is integrated, so with the four ways on, you get quite a flash of yellow!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Looks good.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #7
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Just make sure there are 0 air bubbles and don't ride in 100+deg heat. Mine came right off during a trackday...

Derf - they won't tear your leathers, they will however feel REAL good when you just wear jeans and squeeze the life out of your tank, lol.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Just make sure there are 0 air bubbles and don't ride in 100+deg heat. Mine came right off during a trackday...

Derf - they won't tear your leathers, they will however feel REAL good when you just wear jeans and squeeze the life out of your tank, lol.

Yea I don't know... I've had good experiences and not so good and I'm afraid that part of the blame for the not so good has to be placed with me. I don't think I've done all the prep work or allowed them to sit as long as recommended. This time I waited until it was 90 deg, sat the bike out in the sun and the pads on my dash for an hour. Washed the tank 3 times with cleaner and 3 times with 90% alcohol. Took my sweet time measuring and applying the grip, so I didn't have to move it at all. Then, I took a roller and put a ton of pressure on it to force the bubbles out and to make sure it was completely set. Then, I heated it up with a hair dryer and made sure that all of the edges were good and sealed. Lastly, I waited until this morning to ride the bike, almost 40 hours (instructions call for 24). If there are any fuck ups, it won't be because of me!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #9
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea I don't know... I've had good experiences and not so good and I'm afraid that part of the blame for the not so good has to be placed with me. I don't think I've done all the prep work or allowed them to sit as long as recommended. This time I waited until it was 90 deg, sat the bike out in the sun and the pads on my dash for an hour. Washed the tank 3 times with cleaner and 3 times with 90% alcohol. Took my sweet time measuring and applying the grip, so I didn't have to move it at all. Then, I took a roller and put a ton of pressure on it to force the bubbles out and to make sure it was completely set. Then, I heated it up with a hair dryer and made sure that all of the edges were good and sealed. Lastly, I waited until this morning to ride the bike, almost 40 hours (instructions call for 24). If there are any fuck ups, it won't be because of me!
Thats seems to be pretty thorough.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Thats seems to be pretty thorough.
Yea well, I had a couple problems with the last set but they were my fault. This is the 4th set of Stomp Grips that have been on this bike for various reasons and hopefully the last!