Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Dont some auto parts places do free diagnostic checks?
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #22
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Sounds like you went into the dealer saying can you check out my car for "whatever", but I think "whatever: is the problem. So they wrote on the R.O. to check for "whatever" and you paid for them to check for "whatever".

I don't see a problem unless you specifically told them to replace a part and they charged you 65 dollars in diagnostic time.
No.

I walked in and said My transfer case has a hole the size of a quarter because the driveshaft is bent by the rear yoke the undercarriage is covered in ATF and I had a vibration at crusing speed because of the driveshaft. Then I said the T case cracked b/c of the driveshaft vibration as it was clearly cracked on the T case where the Input shaft from the driveshaft goes INTO the Transfer case.

They then had my truck for 6 hours called me back to say this. "Your driveshaft is bent which caused your transfer case to crack...But since it was physical damage to the driveshaft and not mechanical we cant cover it under your warranty so the total cost will be 2200"

I literally laughed at him when he told me this and then said...Thats exactly what i told you when I dropped it off and you would've saved both of us 6 hours by just telling me then it wouldnt be covered under warranty. They clearly wanted nothing but my money.

Dealerships are greedy bloodsucking bastards and thats why you should haggle them till your blue in the face and if you dont get what you want..Go elsewhere.

Further more...This was the Old T case after I dropped it from the Bellhousing.

Cost me 800 to do it myself Vs there 2200 Pilgramage of my wallet

Last edited by Sixxxxer; 02-23-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Sixxxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
No.

I walked in and said My transfer case has a hole the size of a quarter because the driveshaft is bent by the rear yoke the undercarriage is covered in ATF and I had a vibration at crusing speed because of the driveshaft. Then I said the T case cracked b/c of the driveshaft vibration as it was clearly cracked on the T case where the Input shaft from the driveshaft goes INTO the Transfer case.

They then had my truck for 6 hours called me back to say this. "Your driveshaft is bent which caused your transfer case to crack...But since it was physical damage to the driveshaft and not mechanical we cant cover it under your warranty so the total cost will be 2200"

I literally laughed at him when he told me this and then said...Thats exactly what i told you when I dropped it off and you would've saved both of us 6 hours by just telling me then it wouldnt be covered under warranty. They clearly wanted nothing but my money.

Dealerships are greedy bloodsucking bastards and thats why you should haggle them till your blue in the face and if you dont get what you want..Go elsewhere.

Further more...This was the Old T case after I dropped it from the Bellhousing.

Cost me 800 to do it myself Vs there 2200 Pilgramage of my wallet
So you expect the dealer to write a repair order, pick up your truck, figure out the weight is still on the driveshaft, but it's bent which caused the transfer case to crack, but didn't cause any other damage to the the rear end for free?

Are u Jewish?

Seriously...you cannot ask a dealer to "look" at something even though you told them what was wrong and expect them not to be paid.

It sounds to me, like there was some chance in hell you thought this would be covered under warranty, so you took it to the dealer and they denied the warranty and now you are pissed you have to pay diagnostic time.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #24
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Lol...I get your point I do...You weren't actually there with me at the dealer. I specifically asked the service writer if it would be covered under warranty and if it wasnt then I wasnt gonna waste my time.

I would be fine paying the Diagnostic fee if they actually Diagnosed something. They didnt...They pulled my truck in put it on a lift and said oh look the guy said this was wrong and thats whats wrong...Where's the work in that? The labor for pulling my truck in and putting it on a lift? Give me a break...thats why this world is fucked...

And They sold me the truck with the bent driveshaft...Excuse me for thinking they would actually own up to the issue and fix it.

And no, I'm also not jewish...Far from it actually...I dont mind paying for something if it warrants payment...this was NOT one of those circumstances.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #25
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I understand why dealers and other shops in general have started charging diognostic fees in MOST cases like has been mentioned in this thread but not all...like when my elderly father's CEL came on in a PT Cruiser that my step mother drives. I was out of town and unable to check it and he didn't call me to ask about it.

He drives it into the local Chrysler dealership and they check it and tell him it's the computer (ECM) and it needs to be replaced...$98 diagnostic fee !!

$800 dollars to replace the computer !! It's a 2001 PT Cruiser. He then calls me...thank god... about the price of the computer and is already out $98.

The reason I say "out the $98" is because all you have to do to get the code in a PT Cruiser is turn the key to the on position 3 times and the code displays right there on the dash. No mechanic has to spend any real time to do anything other than that and then look the code up...yep I think that falls into the BS category. I wish he would have called me first so I could have saved him the $98...turn the key three times to the on position and then just look the code up on the internet and it tells you the same thing.

Luckily he did let me take care of the computer for him $150 and guaranteed for life....DONE. It's been one year and they have had ZERO issues and ZERO CEL's.

I ordered the ECM from this place and they shipped it to me quickly and it was plug and play. Looks like they had a price increase since then but it's still not $800.

http://www.allcomputerresources.com/...FQI8gwodIH0fKw
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #26
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

I call them...Stealerships.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #27
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceaholic View Post
Give me a list of vehicles you'd be interested in and with what options and I'll keep an eye out. I see sweet deals around here all the time. I'll even stop and check them out for you.
Nothing after 2008....as that's when this GREEN crap started on a lot of the diesels and you have to add the additives when filling up PLUS on a 08-up dodge you can't do squat to them power-wise without spending a boatload on controllers.

4x4 (solid front axle)
4 door
Straight drive
Diesel
Duallie prefered (but not required)
Short bed
under 60k miles
Bench front seat (youngest daughter wants that so she can ride up front next to me)
Cloth interior

To get REAL specific

PRE-2007.5 Dodge 3500 MEGA cab 6-speed 4x4 duallie

prefered colors in order

white
black
silver

But I'm interested in most any SOLID front axle 4x4 diesel straight drive 4 door diesel trucks (prefer Duallie)

PERFECT truck would either be a Chevy SAS HD 3500 diesel 4dr 4x4
Or a F350 with a 5.7 common rail swap but those are as rare as a honest politician

Don't really want to consider a ford because most of them have the 6.0 or 6.4 timebombs (But if I found a 7.3 it might be interesting) so I'm kinda stuck looking for a dodge..though I don't like the dodge trucks themselves, the engine and axle config is awesome.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #28
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

C'mon, you don't need a big diesel 4x4.

2006 Dodge Dakota V8 w/ 6-speed MUST SEE - only 30,000 miles - $12999 (Dalton, GA)

I'll deliver if you'll fly me home.
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #29
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
C'mon, you don't need a big diesel 4x4.

2006 Dodge Dakota V8 w/ 6-speed MUST SEE - only 30,000 miles - $12999 (Dalton, GA)

I'll deliver if you'll fly me home.
Everybody needs a big diesel 4x4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote