Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #31
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
I know Scott Mohler who is sponsored by mopar and drag races all motor neons. He runs in the 10's. Fastest all motor one out there. Lives near fredrick MD
How is Scott doing? I've hung out with him and Mike Crawford (another big Neon tuner) at many races. It's been years since i've seen either of them. Scott held the record for the fastest N/A (all motor) Neon. I think he ran a 10.3 in the 1/4 mile. He was knocking on the door of 9's for awhile.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #32
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
I can't see how someone can justify spending money modifiying a neon let alone drive it. You spend 5 thousand in parts wow! Its still a neon.
And people spend money to make a civic go fast, and it's still a civic. And people spend money to make a mustang go fast, and it's still a mustang. Why does anyone spend money modifying anything they own? Simple, because they can.

Maybe if you combined all of my parts on the car I had $5k into it. So what, it's my money. Sure it was still a Neon. I knew it would always be a Neon. I had no illusions otherwise. But that was my choice. It was quicker then most other Neon's, it handled better then most Neon's, and it stopped better then most Neon's. That was my main goal. It was faster then alot of other production cars out there, it handled better then alot of production cars out there, and it stopped better then most other production cars out there. That was a bonus. I guarantee I did it alot cheaper then going out and buying a new car.

So why does someone go out and spend $1500 for a full exhaust system on their GSXR? To get that extra 3.5 hp they want. Why does someone go out and spend $250 on a power commander for their 600RR? It's still a 600cc bike. Why does anyone do any mods to a vehicle? Why is there such a big aftermarket for cars, trucks, sportbikes, cruisers, etc? Because people like doing things to their vehicles. Weither it's to make them faster, handle better, get better gas mileage, sound better, or look better.

The bottom line is it's your car/truck/bike. If you're the one making the payments on it, feel free to do whatever you want to it. If anyone want's to make my payments, i'll be more then happy to do whatever they want or don't want to my vehicles.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #33
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

People can dump on Neons all they want and yes a lot of them are garbage (shoddy build and design).

However, when they came out in the mid 90's they were very competitive. Good looking design, great power for the class and solid handling.
Of course you could grab a Civic or Corrolla and yes they were put together very well and were nice to drive...but if you actually wanted to get somewhere in a hurry you grabbed the Neon vs the gutless Civic or Corrolla.

The original DOHC Neon Coupe (anyone who purchased a Neon with that stupid 3spd automatic deserves to be tea bagged by there own grandfather) in 95 was the spirtual successor to the B13 SE-r except the Neon was a lot cheaper.

The later redesign of the Neon pimped it's rental car factor at the expense of "purchase worthiness" Chrysler made up for it by releasing the SRT4.
Yes, it may "just be a Neon" but when relased it was better than anything in the price range.

"Well the Civic is more refined"
Shut up fruitcake. Go fucking wine tasting or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #34
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Back to the original post

I'm not talking modified neons or SRT - I'm talking skinny white dude in a wife-beater driving a bone stock (except for some hubcaps from wal-mart ) mid 90's neon who get pissed when you pass them because they're doing 40 in a 55 "cruisin'" or when they insist that they need to race bikes off every stop light. Most of the time, I just say whatever and let 'em tear the guts out of their car while I'm just taking off from the light like I normally would (apparently they think that's racing). I guess it's just a Napoleon complex.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #35
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote