Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #101
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
When they're the ones who make the laws, directly or by influence peddling, then I feel free to blame them.

Why do you feel it's fair that they pay LESS?

*EDIT* Oh, and by the way, both of our countries were built when such people were paying orders of magnitude higher taxes
Um We didn't even have a fed income tax until 1913 if I'm not mistaken.... However did the country survive?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #102
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
No comment on the tax rates, when the country was being built? Kinda blows a hole in the whole extreme right wing premise.
But that was ancient history. Once those rates drop, they can NEVER go up again!!!! It would be an OUTRAGE !!!!! IMMORAL !!!! COMMUNIST !!!!
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #103
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
But that was ancient history. Once those rates drop, they can NEVER go up again!!!! It would be an OUTRAGE !!!!! IMMORAL !!!! COMMUNIST !!!!
Look, bottom line. I hate where my tax dollars go period! Do you really think that the "rich", the working class or anyone else in this country should pay more in taxes? For what? So we can support a bunch of lazy welfare rats, bail out poorly run companies, maintain military bases in countries that aren't even under threat or give it to other countries that hate us anyway? What the hell people? You steal $5 out of my pocket to give to the bum who uses it to buy wine, chastise me because I don't want to give more, and to top it off the bum hates me, breaks into my house, rapes my wife and steals my tv... AWESOME!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #104
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
No comment on the tax rates, when the country was being built? Kinda blows a hole in the whole extreme right wing premise.
You have to ignore a few things for that to hold true. First when the top tax rates were that high they were always for people having the equivalent of well over $2 million per year of income in today's dollars (sometimes over $50 million). Next that there were a lot more loopholes that were much easier to use back then. Talking about marginal tax rates is pretty useless, effective tax rates are what matter.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #105
Homeslice
Elitist

Bottom line is, this country is in severe debt. Who is more "able" to help pay it off? The rich, or the middle-class, whose salaries have not kept up with inflation for the last several years?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #106
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You have to ignore a few things for that to hold true. First when the top tax rates were that high they were always for people having the equivalent of well over $2 million per year of income in today's dollars (sometimes over $50 million). Next that there were a lot more loopholes that were much easier to use back then. Talking about marginal tax rates is pretty useless, effective tax rates are what matter.
How many people were on welfare then? How much money were we sending overseas?

This is crazy! So much of our tax dollars are WASTED imho and some of you think that we should pay MORE.... We don't need to raise taxes, we need to cut spending!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #107
Homeslice
Elitist

Good luck with cutting spending. The GOP always wants to start wars in nations that haven't attacked us, put recreational drug users in prison, and give strange tax breaks to oil companies.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #108
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
If you can find historic 'effective' tax rates that go back further than 1979, then please feel free to post a link. I haven't.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #109
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Look, bottom line. I hate where my tax dollars go period! Do you really think that the "rich", the working class or anyone else in this country should pay more in taxes? For what? So we can support a bunch of lazy welfare rats, bail out poorly run companies, maintain military bases in countries that aren't even under threat or give it to other countries that hate us anyway? What the hell people? You steal $5 out of my pocket to give to the bum who uses it to buy wine, chastise me because I don't want to give more, and to top it off the bum hates me, breaks into my house, rapes my wife and steals my tv... AWESOME!
I wish we had reps.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #110
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
How many people were on welfare then? How much money were we sending overseas?

This is crazy! So much of our tax dollars are WASTED imho and some of you think that we should pay MORE.... We don't need to raise taxes, we need to cut spending!
So you hate people on welfare and you dont think more taxes should be taken and spent on things you dont like. But why are okay with a larger percentage of your money being spent on those things than someone like Mitt Romney?