Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 05-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS
Default Don't ask why......

But for some odd reason, when I got out of work last night, I decided to stop by Taco Bell (aka Toxic Hell) for something to eat. Not the best food but usually an OK cheap meal for the buck.

The Coral Springs lobby is usually open until 10pm but they decided to close early last night, forcing me to go to the drive through, something I usually avoid at all costs. I will quote Joe Pesci, "Never go to the drive thru, they fuck you in the drive thru, they fuck you in the drive thru!!!"

Thinking along the more healthy lines, I decided to get a Taco Salad. Its usually consistent in its delivery, has some mild nutritional value and tastes OK. I also thought I'd try the new Volcano Double Beef Burrito since they were pushing it so hard on me while ordering.

The hand writing was on the wall, or at least it should have been as it took 3 times telling the drive through person to get the order banged out. When I finally thought it was right, I had to give it yet again at the window. Not a good sign.

5 minutes passed after paying and finally the food arrived. She slings it out the window and closes up shop like a great flood was coming. I was not offered anything additional like sauces, no up selling....its seemed rather odd.

When I got home, the real story started. There were no napkins, no sauces, no salsa, no sour cream or red chips for the salad. The salad itself was mainly beans, a minuscule dollop of ground beef, no tomatoes, no cheese and barely enough lettuce to place on a Big Mac....WTF is this for $4.99???

The 2nd item was the burrito, the new Volcano Double Beef Burrito. $2.99 for the concoction, it better be damn good. What it ended up being was mainly rice, little beef and some form of spicy mayonnaise sauce. WTF??? A Value Menu Chicken Burrito is as large and only $.89.....What a fucking rip off.

So, what to do about this situation? I wrote one of my famous corporation letters in hopes that they will make good on their failures last night. What you just read was a "brief" version of that letter...those who know me, know I like to write these, more than I should, and they are usually very successful. I will post up anything they come back with down the line.

End Rant
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
BICH
kiss my bich behind!

Taco taco taco!!!

Leon -Red--------------------------Harold -Blue

www.indulgencecaterers.com
BICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I've eaten at that Taco Bell!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
AquaPython
put it THIS way

did you include pictures in the corporate version ?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I need to work on my corporate letter writing. One of my co-workers always gets tons of free stuff by complaining.

Whenever I do that kind of thing I just lose my patience and usually get hung up on.

(Note: Do NOT correct the grammar of an 18 year old girl working at What-A-Burger in Cuero, TX if you are trying to get free shit out of her when your order is wrong. )
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

I didn't start doing this in order to get free stuff from big companies, all I wanted to do was have an issue corrected and the best way to do that is to go as high up the corp ladder as possible making sure everyone who has any power is notified about it. Most of my letters are multiple pages and express how the incident has altered my life and my loyalties to their firm. I ask for nothing but a resolution to the problem.

My list of freebies is quite long ranging from McDonalds (free breakfast for a year on Sundays) to 7 X $100 gift cards from each of the corp execs at Home Depot.....$250 in Grocery Store Shopping from Winn Dixie as well as Publix, $500 from Advanced Auto Parts. PepsiCo gets to be added to this list....lets see where they go with the letter.

Now, I also write letters when there is a great situation as well because those things get overlooked far too often

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Old 06-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Moto Phil
Drifter

Moto: Triumph Speed Triple

What they did was give you what ever they had left in the bins to put your order together as they were closing for the night. In other words, that shit would have ended up in the garbage had you not placed your order.

Now, tell us about the diarrhea you woke up with the next morning Bill.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #8
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy View Post
Thinking along the more healthy lines, I decided to get a Taco Salad.
Not that anything at Taco Bell even remotely resembles "healthy"...but, from a purely nutritional standpoint, the taco salad is the worst item on their menu. People frequently make that assumption because it has the word "salad" in the name. In all actuality, any salad can become very unhealthy in a hurry when drowned in various toppings.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #9
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Phil View Post
Now, tell us about the diarrhea you woke up with the next morning Bill.
Sadly, it was exactly the opposite.......

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)