Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 06-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #11
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
here in KC a bunch of rich people decided to build houses close to the drag strip. then they found out it was kinda loud and are getting it closed down/making it move.
There are 2 local tracks that have been around for decades that recently closed because of complains from folks who just bought new construction and arn't happy that you can hear the track on the weekend.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 AM   #12
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
There are 2 local tracks that have been around for decades that recently closed because of complains from folks who just bought new construction and arn't happy that you can hear the track on the weekend.
I really don't understand that at all. the business had been there for years. why make it move?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

one was sued into oblivion by new house owners that weren't expecting the noise, I remember that one clearly because I went to look at one of those houses and the salesman warned me about the track nearby and said that we would have to sign a waiver saying that we understood there was a track nearby, this was before the legal troubles. The owner decided that it wasn't worth the hastle, tried to sell it and couln't find a buyer.

It was actually a pretty sad thing because the track owner really did alot for the township, he was constantly buying the high school sports and music equiptment, the high school used his property as sporting fields, the new development had 2 out of the 3 entrances to their development on a private road that he owned and maintained (with the only other road being a dirt road). When he closed the track he also shut down the road and wound up selling the property to the township. The housing development had to pay for the dirt road to be paved by raising association fees. The people were livid that this guy could block off a street like that, the street being the one that lead only to his racetrack and the development, he was the devil brough to life in the papers for a few years.

The other one I was told that the property was vandalized constantly after the complaints started to come in, that track was on it's way out of bussiness, each time I went there the stands were empty so I don't know if it was just bad bussiness or not, but it was all over the papers too.

Last edited by derf; 06-23-2009 at 12:40 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #14
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
one was sued into oblivion by new house owners that weren't expecting the noise, I remember that one clearly because I went to look at one of those houses and the salesman warned me about the track nearby and said that we would have to sign a waiver saying that we understood there was a track nearby, this was before the legal troubles. The owner decided that it wasn't worth the hastle, tried to sell it and couln't find a buyer.
If I was a judge I'd make them pay for frivolous law suit. stupid fuckers. it'd be like moving into a house within a few miles of a train track and not expecting to hear the train.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:57 AM   #15
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
If I was a judge I'd make them pay for frivolous law suit. stupid fuckers. it'd be like moving into a house within a few miles of a train track and not expecting to hear the train.
We have people moving into downtown Austin... which is known for live music and its entertainment district... and they are complaining about the noise.

Seriously... any local lawyer ought to be required to tell them
Old 06-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #16
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
We have people moving into downtown Austin... which is known for live music and its entertainment district... and they are complaining about the noise.

Seriously... any local lawyer ought to be required to tell them
and they probably moved down there to be near the "action".
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
here in KC a bunch of rich people decided to build houses close to the drag strip. then they found out it was kinda loud and are getting it closed down/making it move.
Bunch of folks in Concord tried that recently when the owner of the Charlotte Motor Speedway wanted to build an drag strip across the street. They ALREADY lived near the speedway but wanted to block the drag strip. Well the owner of the Speedway said OK -and basically that he would close down EVERYTHING and move to a different state.

Now not only is the drag strip where he wanted it but they named the road after him too!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #18
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

We used to have a racetrack on on Long Island but it went out of business. When the oppurtunity came about to build a new one on the old Grumman place, menopausal assholes and scumbags killed it so they could build a pointless "ski mountain" and retail bullshit.

So instead of actual industry and real money they are going to pump a lot of retail jobs and traffic into the area. Instead of noise from the racetrack they prefer the noise of traffic and construction and increase property taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #19
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
We used to have a racetrack on on Long Island but it went out of business. When the oppurtunity came about to build a new one on the old Grumman place, menopausal assholes and scumbags killed it so they could build a pointless "ski mountain" and retail bullshit.

So instead of actual industry and real money they are going to pump a lot of retail jobs and traffic into the area. Instead of noise from the racetrack they prefer the noise of traffic and construction and increase property taxes.
That so matches your avatar!
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #20
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Bunch of folks in Concord tried that recently when the owner of the Charlotte Motor Speedway wanted to build an drag strip across the street. They ALREADY lived near the speedway but wanted to block the drag strip. Well the owner of the Speedway said OK -and basically that he would close down EVERYTHING and move to a different state.

Now not only is the drag strip where he wanted it but they named the road after him too!
Bruton Smith Blvd !! No kidding... tax breaks and all !!!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote