Old 07-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #21
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
on all those things

But a Nissan NX2000 probably would have been a better choice than the Storm
Back in 92 the Storm GSi was an underated little bugger and could be had a little bit cheaper than comparable cars. The NX2000 may have something over the Sentra SE-r (That was THE car back in the early 90's) but the sheer hideousness of the thing could not be over come.

Keep in mind that at the time I was test driving everything in that segment.
From Dusters (3.0 Mitsu V6 + 5spd) to Hyundai Scoupe Turbos (entertaining car to someone who was driving a Ford Tempo with a stick that about 6 inches of travel in any direction).

Nowadays, they are old POS barely clinging to life but when they were fresh from the showroom they were entertaining cars for the people who couldn't swing the insurance on a 5.0 Notchback (surpise surpise) Dodge Daytona Turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 AM   #22
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Really? Vue is\going to be Daewoo engineered?
It is already made in Korea.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #23
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
gm did the same shit with geo. Nice little mixup of rebadged toyotas suzukis and izuzus. Must have been a mechanics nightmare

Suzuki has always been suzuki. GM bought out Geo in '98. So it went from a geo tracker to a chevy tracker. At least they didnt change the name of the vehicle.

I have a '98 chevy tracker 16 valve engine in my suzuki samurai. Its a crazy world out there. Plus it's not that hard to find parts for each.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Back in 92 the Storm GSi was an underated little bugger and could be had a little bit cheaper than comparable cars. The NX2000 may have something over the Sentra SE-r (That was THE car back in the early 90's) but the sheer hideousness of the thing could not be over come.

From Dusters (3.0 Mitsu V6 + 5spd) to Hyundai Scoupe Turbos (entertaining car to someone who was driving a Ford Tempo with a stick that about 6 inches of travel in any direction).

Nowadays, they are old POS barely clinging to life but when they were fresh from the showroom they were entertaining cars for the people who couldn't swing the insurance on a 5.0 Notchback (surpise surpise) Dodge Daytona Turbo.
whats this about daytona turbos? Im bout to get mine back on the road. Gotta peel the nitrous off first though
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #25
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
My sister's boyfriend had a Tempo "GLS" sport model, with the "HSO" engine (High Specific Output with like 5 extra hp)

Last edited by Homeslice; 07-07-2009 at 10:59 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #26
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
My sister's boyfriend had a Tempo "GLS" sport model, with the "HSO" engine (High Specific Output with like 5 extra hp)
Watch out...I'm about to get my "crappy car" geek hat on.

The HSO motor in the GLS had an extra 14HP over the standard car. Toss in the revised gearing of the GLS model and you now have a...shit there is no where to go. It's still a Tempo.

Figure in the horrible quality control on the car, the actual rating for the HSO motor was 100HP....plus 1hp\-16hp so it was kind of wash. Either way, Ford was still designing 80K EOL (Car turns to lego blocks at 80,000miles) so at least it was short lived.

NOW if you were talking about 92 GLS with the 3.0 Vulcan and Taurus SHO transmission then it's a whole new ball game!!

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 07-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

No I was talking the 2.3 four-cylinder with the "high swirl combustion" nonsense. It had upgraded wheels & tires, a 5-speed, better interior trim, leather-wrapped wheel, and sport seats with those hollow donut imitation Volvo headrests. I actually thought it was a pretty decent car at the time, but that's probably because the best car my family owned at the time was an '80 Corolla.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #28
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
No I was talking the 2.3 four-cylinder with the "high swirl combustion" nonsense. It had upgraded wheels & tires, a 5-speed, better interior trim, leather-wrapped wheel, and sport seats with those hollow donut imitation Volvo headrests. I actually thought it was a pretty decent car at the time, but that's probably because the best car my family owned at the time was an '80 Corolla.
I learned how to drive stick in a 85 Tempo.

burnouts with wheel cut to far would cause the axle to pop out

Quote:
Old 07-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Remember the "Type 10" Cavalier with like 2 extra hp because of its "dual outlet" exhaust?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #30
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Remember the "Type 10" Cavalier with like 2 extra hp because of its "dual outlet" exhaust?

The Golden age of the Cavalier was 87-89. the Z24 kicked ass

Quote: