Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 08-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
suckerpunch
Squid

Default hey guys, new here

had a sportbike that I bought about 3 years back and rode maybe 3 times then garaged it partially because it scared the hell out of me and partially because I was so busy with work and school and all that. Decided that maybe a cruiser was better for me so I just bought a 05 suzuki m50 black on black. LOVE it and being a brand new rider it it awesome because it shifts so smoothly and handles very well. I aim to take the Harley basic rider class because the MSF is so full, but until then have been trying to learn to ride it around the backroads. was scared to go down the street when I bought it and couldnt work the clutch too well but after a week of practice im carefully riding it to work (live 5 mins away on backroads) and gaining confidence. Love the feel of it and I cant wait to go to the class to learn how to ride safely while still having fun.

PS. the first thing I bough for it besides helmet were a set of Cobra engine guards. lol i know how my luck is
suckerpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

welcome, let see some pics of your ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
suckerpunch
Squid

here are some pics of it that arent too good.
suckerpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

looks good welcome to two wheeled nation again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

Welcome sir, stick around and have some fun.
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
t-homo
WSB Champion

Welcome. How'd you find the forum? Friend told you about it, google, or what? Good to see more people joining.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #7
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Man, Another good lookin cruiser! Nice man and welcome!

Theres plenty of fun and knowledge to be had around here if you look hard enough!

Keep it rubber side down brother!

Brent
Old 08-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #8
t-homo
WSB Champion

Is that one the 1800cc? If so, my neighbor has a similar bike and loves it. He tried to get me to ride it, but passed up the chance since all I had ridden at that point was the blast.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #9
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Is that one the 1800cc? If so, my neighbor has a similar bike and loves it. He tried to get me to ride it, but passed up the chance since all I had ridden at that point was the blast.
Why is everyone I meet lately so scared to ride a new experiance! I mean shit back in 01 when the gsxr 1000 was the new kid on the block I was throwing the keys to total strangers in Royal oak (MI) every thursday night!

People would dive at the chance! I couldnt beg Trip or Drewpy to ride my bike even on the E-way! I know I make it look scary on the back wheel but like any other bike its all about how you go about it! my grand mother could drive a NOS injected, Blow Twin Turbo Triple Supercharged 700 ci Lambo around town to get Milk without burning the tires off it! why cant you enjoy a nice ride on a great bike?

I mean if you ride my bike and dont see 13,500 rpms you will never see GOD!

And then roll off it to 10,000 and wack its brains out again! Then you get the idea what im workin with...

Out side of that its just good clean midrange fun! No shit stains no fear no trouble mate!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:18 AM   #10
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
Why is everyone I meet lately so scared to ride a new experiance! I mean shit back in 01 when the gsxr 1000 was the new kid on the block I was throwing the keys to total strangers in Royal oak (MI) every thursday night!

People would dive at the chance! I couldnt beg Trip or Drewpy to ride my bike even on the E-way! I know I make it look scary on the back wheel but like any other bike its all about how you go about it! my grand mother could drive a NOS injected, Blow Twin Turbo Triple Supercharged 700 ci Lambo around town to get Milk without burning the tires off it! why cant you enjoy a nice ride on a great bike?

I mean if you ride my bike and dont see 13,500 rpms you will never see GOD!

And then roll off it to 10,000 and wack its brains out again! Then you get the idea what im workin with...

Out side of that its just good clean midrange fun! No shit stains no fear no trouble mate!
You rev to 13.5? Damn, my 2000 R1 redlines at 11,750. And now, given the chance, I would ride it.