Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Awesome View Post
I'm done entirely.
Quote:
The bottom line is I'm not willing to accept the risks involved with riding anymore.
That sucks man, hope you still come to the *OSBs and such if you can stand to be around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #32
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

I've ridden that road a lot and that's probably the fastest time I've seen. Do people still leave the timing tower in the trees at the NC sign? I did from the lookout to the state line in a little more than 12 minutes behind a fast guy on a motard a couple years back...that was definitely as fast as I want to go on that road.
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #33
The Awesome
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
even on the track huh? damn... well hopefully you'll find something ya enjoy as much if not more with risks your willing to take
Tracks have done a lot more damage to me than street riding ever did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That sucks man, hope you still come to the *OSBs and such if you can stand to be around it.
I'll be out this weekend. I still plan to be around to hang out now and then. Though I'm sure it's going to suck watching everybody else have a good time, but I'll have to get over it.
The Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #34
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
well that's too bad... sorry bro...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

I'll be out this weekend. I still plan to be around to hang out now and then. Though I'm sure it's going to suck watching everybody else have a good time, but I'll have to get over it.

I'm with you on that one Bro! Sorry about your decision to quit. Maybe you'll change your mind with time. I quit in '02 and bought a 4 wheeler with the insurance money. I ended up coming back at the end of '03... Anyway,good luck with any future hobbies you may pick up.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #36
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Holy Sheep Shit that's sick. Under 10minutes!!! I take it that's probably one of the fastest times out there. If not then who has it?

I also don't see any major double yellow crosses. Or none while in a turn. Most "squidly" action was a quick wheelie near another motorcycle.

And I guess take it easy since you decided to quit riding. I guess you've just gotten so fast that you know you'll just push it and push it until you push it too far. And at your speeds it seems you are either riding or hugging a tree. No in the middle shit like we get to deal with.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #37
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

the awesome was definitely one of the quickest up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #38
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Great vid man. I wish I had a road remotely curved to ride.
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #39
was92v
Nowhere Man

That was a very good ride through there. The rider didn't do anything wrong on that run. I am going to step over the PC line here and say that every yellow cross does not make an asshole on that road. Or if it does, I'm a gaping sphincter.

If you know that road, you know where you can cross and where you can't, just like passing cars. What you can't see on a video is where you can see with your eyes. One of the best places to pass is in the middle of a turn. You can look though the trees to see what is coming and if there is nothing there, you are clear, cars slow to about 10 (or less) MPH, and you can just roll around them.

On many of the turns you can see 2-3 turns ahead if you know where to look. Nothing coming-you are safe. It all has to do with having an intimate knowledge of the road and not riding above your skill and knowledge. I have thousands of miles on that road, all in 9.37 mile increments and it is a very demanding road to ride at a quick pace. The biggest problem with it now is that it is too busy and too well known and most of the people that go up there to challenge "The Dragon" (I hate that name...) do not have the skill or knowledge to ride fast safely.

I guess my point is that on that road, just because you cross the center line does not necessarily mean you are a careless asshole, if you know when, where and how, you can do that safely. If you don't and just blindly bust thru, you are a careless asshole and I hope when you auger into a rock bank you don't take anyone with you.

I used to ride thru there and try to not touch the brakes. Never made it through without ever touching them, I think 4 lever pulls is the best I ever did, but I learned a
lot about the road in the process. I have ridden through there one time in the last 8 years and that was after not being there for 7 years and I still remembered 90% of the turns and setups. I probably passed 300 cruisers and tourist in one pass through and everyone of them called me an asshole. I didn't put anyone in a risky situation and risked no ones safety. Some photo shooter caught me and a cruiser in a frame that I saw that summed it up pretty well. I'm rolling in behind him coming through a right setting up for an immediate left. He is looking straight ahead and I'm looking through the trees to the straight before and the other end of the turn from the opposite direction. The road was empty, but I'm sure that when I rolled past in the middle of the turn in the oncoming lane he called me an asshole. Oh well..
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
That was a very good ride through there. The rider didn't do anything wrong on that run. I am going to step over the PC line here and say that every yellow cross does not make an asshole on that road. Or if it does, I'm a gaping sphincter.

If you know that road, you know where you can cross and where you can't, just like passing cars. What you can't see on a video is where you can see with your eyes. One of the best places to pass is in the middle of a turn. You can look though the trees to see what is coming and if there is nothing there, you are clear, cars slow to about 10 (or less) MPH, and you can just roll around them.

On many of the turns you can see 2-3 turns ahead if you know where to look. Nothing coming-you are safe. It all has to do with having an intimate knowledge of the road and not riding above your skill and knowledge. I have thousands of miles on that road, all in 9.37 mile increments and it is a very demanding road to ride at a quick pace. The biggest problem with it now is that it is too busy and too well known and most of the people that go up there to challenge "The Dragon" (I hate that name...) do not have the skill or knowledge to ride fast safely.

I guess my point is that on that road, just because you cross the center line does not necessarily mean you are a careless asshole, if you know when, where and how, you can do that safely. If you don't and just blindly bust thru, you are a careless asshole and I hope when you auger into a rock bank you don't take anyone with you.

I used to ride thru there and try to not touch the brakes. Never made it through without ever touching them, I think 4 lever pulls is the best I ever did, but I learned a
lot about the road in the process. I have ridden through there one time in the last 8 years and that was after not being there for 7 years and I still remembered 90% of the turns and setups. I probably passed 300 cruisers and tourist in one pass through and everyone of them called me an asshole. I didn't put anyone in a risky situation and risked no ones safety. Some photo shooter caught me and a cruiser in a frame that I saw that summed it up pretty well. I'm rolling in behind him coming through a right setting up for an immediate left. He is looking straight ahead and I'm looking through the trees to the straight before and the other end of the turn from the opposite direction. The road was empty, but I'm sure that when I rolled past in the middle of the turn in the oncoming lane he called me an asshole. Oh well..

Hey you all kick ass in my book BUT I take two well known exceptions to your proposal that you don't endanger anyone by crossing the double yellow;

1. What if someone was coming full bore the other direction? I can't see how shaving a split second off your "lap" time could be worth my life. I don't care how fast everyone rides but I still think you should keep it in your own lane.

2. How everyone is quick to pat guys on the back dragging knee and crossing double yellows on a public road but immediately call "squid" whenever they see someone doing wheelies on the freeway.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote