Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #51
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I got that jacket...pretty decent I must say. Old picture from when we first got the bikes in 07 but at least it shows the jacket.

How tall is your wife? R6 been lowered at all?
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #52
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
How tall is your wife? R6 been lowered at all?
5'5" and yes the R6 was lowered slightly due to it having the highest in class seat height.

Her next bike will fit her better as far as seat height and will not be lowered.

Just to be clear to all that reads this...she has had NO issues riding this bike other than having to be extra careful when going over some speed bumps or entering/exiting some steep driveways.

We thought about shaving the seat and raising it back up to stock height but she hasn't warmed up to that idea as of yet.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #53
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
5'5" and yes the R6 was lowered slightly due to it having the highest in class seat height.

Her next bike will fit her better as far as seat height and will not be lowered.

Just to be clear to all that reads this...she has had NO issues riding this bike other than having to be extra careful when going over some speed bumps or entering/exiting some steep driveways.

We thought about shaving the seat and raising it back up to stock height but she hasn't warmed up to that idea as of yet.
My wife is 5'1"-5'2" at best, I've lowered both of the bikes she's ridden w/o issue and I would take both out and flog them pretty hard. She's just MUCH more confident being able to get both feet down versus only one and give where she does most of her riding (mountains) I don't blame her, if we were in Kansas or Florida perhaps but here lowering works best for her. Plus she's not going to be riding around here like Stoner or Bayliss anytime soon.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #54
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Rode to work today... It's supposed to be in the 100's... the ride home is going to be a hot and wet one...
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #55
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
My wife is 5'1"-5'2" at best, I've lowered both of the bikes she's ridden w/o issue and I would take both out and flog them pretty hard. She's just MUCH more confident being able to get both feet down versus only one and give where she does most of her riding (mountains) I don't blame her, if we were in Kansas or Florida perhaps but here lowering works best for her. Plus she's not going to be riding around here like Stoner or Bayliss anytime soon.
My wife was able to put both feet down on the GSXR but in 07 we didn't consider that bike...we got a deal buying two Yammy's and I was set on getting the R1 since I had owned one before and liked it.

I've caught flak about lowering the bike (online but go figure...everyone is an expert there ) BUT I agree with you...she has had no issues at all either with the bike as far as riding it and she is much more confident being able to put her feet down since we have mountains not too far away from here as well. She's no Stoner or Bayliss either but has still managed to shrink her chicken strips pretty well.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #56
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Lowest Temp 49F
Highest Temp 127F

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #57
zippychickie636
Street Stunter

Moto: 2005 zx6r (636)

lowest temp i rode in was 30F...oww..
highest temp so far only 90...but I loveee love loveee the heat so really there's no heat limit..has anyone else though been experiencing a shitload of rain lately?????
zippychickie636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #58
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

I ride When ever i feel like it......

They day my bike...Erm..."died" out riding we had a Heat index of 98F and an Actual of i think 89-91F i was in Boots, Jeans, Textile Jacket and my Helmet....
Old 06-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #59
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Plus she's not going to be riding around here like Stoner or Bayliss anytime soon.
Not that you know of anyway!

Quote:
I've caught flak about lowering the bike (online but go figure...everyone is an expert there ) BUT I agree with you...she has had no issues at all either with the bike as far as riding it and she is much more confident being able to put her feet down since we have mountains not too far away from here as well. She's no Stoner or Bayliss either but has still managed to shrink her chicken strips pretty well.
I don't see any issue with lowering the bike. My only concern would be the handling of it after it being lowered. I suppose if done properly you wouldn't know the difference. I'm all about feeling comfortable on the bike. Mine is pretty tall too and in my riding boots I look like a ballerina on my tippy toes.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #60
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Not that you know of anyway!

I don't see any issue with lowering the bike. My only concern would be the handling of it after it being lowered. I suppose if done properly you wouldn't know the difference. I'm all about feeling comfortable on the bike. Mine is pretty tall too and in my riding boots I look like a ballerina on my tippy toes.
Icon to the rescue!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg showImage.jsp.jpg (21.3 KB, 35 views)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote