Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin
Default Nice Roadside Assistance Package From AMA

Ripped from another board but too damn good to not pass along.

If you're a new member registering online or an existing member opting for auto renewal, the following is now included in membership for $39/yr.

With AMA Roadside Assistance, you get:

* Coverage for bikes, cars, pickups, motorhomes and trailers registered to you, your spouse, and dependent children under the age of 24, living at home or away at college.
* Coverage in all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and Canada.
* Towing up to 35 miles.
* All dispatch and hook-up fees.
* Flat tire assistance.
* Mechanical first aid: minor adjustments (excluding parts) to repair the vehicle.
* Emergency fuel delivery.
* Wheel and tire road hazard coverage for the member's vehicles, including trailers.
* No exclusions for older motorcycles.
* Up to five dispatched service calls per year.
* Towing a disabled motorcycle or other vehicle to a shop or the member's home.
* Emergency Trip Interruption Service: Up to $100 a day for three days ($300) in reimbursement for meals and lodging if a member's car or motorcycle is disabled in an accident, and/or while the member's vehicle is being repaired far from home.
* Toll-free assistance available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, from two national call centers.
* AMA Roadside Assistance pays first. No need to pay and wait for reimbursement.
* Free trip-routing service.
* Free limited legal services.
* Free online rewards mall.

AMA's site

There are other good reasons to be an AMA member, but this is exactly what I've been looking for. Here's a quick breakdown of the membership packages too:

* AMA Champion ($39) is the new, best-value membership. It costs the same as the previous "Full" membership and includes all existing member benefits. AMA Champions also receive free AMA Roadside Assistance on all of their vehicles when they opt-in for auto-renewal of their memberships.

* AMA Competition Plus ($39) is the new best-value membership for those who enjoy racing with the AMA. It costs the same as the previous "Competition" membership and includes all existing member benefits. Like AMA Champions, AMA Competition Plus members get free AMA Roadside Assistance on all of their vehicles when they opt-in for auto-renewal of their memberships.

* AMA Standard ($39) is the same as the previous "Full" membership. It does not require auto-renew and does not include free AMA Roadside Assistance. Dingman also unveiled two enhanced AMA membership levels.

* AMA Defender ($49) includes all of the benefits of an AMA Champion membership, plus it designates a $10 annual contribution to the advocacy efforts of the AMA Government Relations Department. AMA Defenders receive free AMA Roadside Assistance on all of their vehicles when they opt-in for autorenewal of their memberships.

* AMA Hall of Fame ($49) includes all of the benefits of an AMA Champion membership, plus it designates a $10 annual contribution to the AMA's Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum. AMA Hall of Fame members receive free AMA Roadside Assistance on all of their vehicles when they opt-in for autorenewal of their memberships.

Details of the AMA's auto-renewal program and free AMA Roadside Assistance are available in a comprehensive four-page spread highlighting all of the AMA member benefits in the March issue of American Motorcyclist, and on the AMA website at www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com. Non-AMA members can easily join and redeem this tremendous offer, as well as take advantage of numerous other savings, by simply selecting Join/Renew in the Membership menu of the AMA website.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Great find. Thanks.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Nice deal.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I switched over to Champion last night. Bad ass.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Thank you Rogue

I hope I never need it but a really good package for a great price. Besides riding , I tow my boat to Canada and back three times a year. Great piece of mind for only $39

Thanks
Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Thank you Rogue

I hope I never need it but a really good package for a great price. Besides riding , I tow my boat to Canada and back three times a year. Great piece of mind for only $39

Thanks
Jeff

You're welcome. Until I got shitcanned, I was thinking about getting it with all the trips I had planned this year. I thought it would make a nice addition to the full coverage I have on the bike now....especially since you don't have to pay upfront and be reimbursed for some of the services. For $40 it would definitely be worth it!

If I can find a job quick enough that will allow me to still take my trips, I'll be getting it.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Not bad! I'm not renewing my AAA membership because those assholes wouldn't help me when I was on my bike! This costs about the same so I'm going to really look at it. Thanks sexy,I mean Rogue.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #8
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Not bad! I'm not renewing my AAA membership because those assholes wouldn't help me when I was on my bike! This costs about the same so I'm going to really look at it. Thanks sexy,I mean Rogue.
Orly? What happened with AAA?

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Orly? What happened with AAA?
You have to buy their premium package to get bikes covered....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You have to buy their premium package to get bikes covered....
I just checked out AAA prices. Basic is $48 a year, AAA Plus is $78 and AAA Plus RV is $118 which you need for cycle coverage .

Seems the choice is very clear
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote