Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 03-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Me, personally....I'd go find another bike. You dont't say how much milage, but those Ninja twofiddys were built with the idea of no maintenance. I doubt it just needs it's valves adjusted....if it's running so crappy that it's noticable, it likely has other issues. Do you want to ride...or work on bikes? At the price he's asking, I'm betteing you are looking at a whole lot more than a valve adjustment. This is all without seeing the bike....so take it for what it's worth.

Me, if I were a beginner, I'd find something I could ride first.

the man has spoken... make it so
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

EBBS IS A FLAMING NUTMUNCHER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Me, if I were a beginner, I'd find something I could ride first.
tru dat ^^^^

even if u can get it for 1200 you'll prolly spend the difference getting it rideable.
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
EBBS IS A FLAMING NUTMUNCHER.

tru dat ^^^^

even if u can get it for 1200 you'll prolly spend the difference getting it rideable.
shut the fuck up you cockgobbleing midget...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #14
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

I just got an email back from another guy that had one posted and apparently its the same bike I looked at about a week ago at a local dealer. I was told that it was sold but I guess not, and he dropped the price too! Maybe I can get it this time.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #15
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

what about a new 250?
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #16
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
what about a new 250?
I cant afford the $3600 they want for one, financed or not. There was something come up in my finances that I didnt know Id have to pay so Im out of alot of money. I would get one if I could tho, that was my plan for today.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

really... I'd hold off and wait. as OTB said... it sounds like it may need more work than just a valve adjustment. I'd hate to see you spend your money that's already tight on a bike that's gonna cost you more in the end because of repairs.

it's your money though... all I can say is Don't get wrapped up in THIS bike... there are thousands of them out there if you pass on this one. never fall in love with a bike or any vehicle for that matter... till you've already purchased it... it'll save ya some heartache
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #18
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
really... I'd hold off and wait. as OTB said... it sounds like it may need more work than just a valve adjustment. I'd hate to see you spend your money that's already tight on a bike that's gonna cost you more in the end because of repairs.

it's your money though... all I can say is Don't get wrapped up in THIS bike... there are thousands of them out there if you pass on this one. never fall in love with a bike or any vehicle for that matter... till you've already purchased it... it'll save ya some heartache
Yeah I am VERY money conscious and I make sure I keep a certain amount with me. Im not going to get something that I think will hurt me in the long run. I may be going to look at the other bike tomorrow just to see it again. The guy had wrecked it and messed up the right fairing a little but nothing really bad. The only thing Im worried about is that he bent the front rim and I want to find out if the forks or fork seals are damaged.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:25 PM   #19
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Yeah I am VERY money conscious and I make sure I keep a certain amount with me. Im not going to get something that I think will hurt me in the long run. I may be going to look at the other bike tomorrow just to see it again. The guy had wrecked it and messed up the right fairing a little but nothing really bad. The only thing Im worried about is that he bent the front rim and I want to find out if the forks or fork seals are damaged.
humm... how is the rim bent? like tweaked side to side? bent the lip?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:29 PM   #20
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
humm... how is the rim bent? like tweaked side to side? bent the lip?
It was so bad they had to replace it. No pics of the damage but when I went to look at it the first time at the dealer I looked over ther seals and the frame and everything seemed fine. The guy that has it now is the original owner so Im going to ask him some more questions about what all was done.