Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #21
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Times like this I wish the panty bomber was succesful.

My GF has a new Toyota Rav4. First off that is one suprisingly powerful mother fucker. 2nd has there been one documented incident of a throttle sticking? I heard on the radio that there wasn't a single case (or fatality). Seems like the gov is going after the competitors since they figured out how to beat tariffs.
There was a local man here driving a Toyota Avalon that is included on the recall list, before the recall. He blew through a stop sign with 3 people in his car the day after Christmas. He flipped and ended up upside down in a pond. All three people died.

The govt, police, and Toyota all came to try to figure out what happened but nothing was conclusive. They had previously moved the driver's side floor mat into the trunk after initial reports of sticking pedals, however that was only one problem. The man also had epilepsy, although he had not had a seizure in 30 years, according to his wife. So it could've been the throttle...but who know?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #22
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
8 years old, 147,000 miles and still going strong. It's my first Toyota (Camry) and I guess I'll have to get back to you in another 100,000 to see if there are any quality issues!
13 year old Camry with 216k miles on it. Just "normal" wear on the car. No big issues. knock on wood.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Dude, you live in So.Cal. Look at the fucking sky (if you can find it) and tell me emissions control isn't a necessary evil.

You're a crack up. You lift weights, eat 0 grams of whatever normal people eat, and drink a gallon of purified water everyday, but you're pissed at the EPA for trying to make the air you breath non-carcinogenic.

You're on track to be the healthiest cancer patient in history.

Congratulations!

JC
Maybe your reading me wrong because I do not hate the EPA nor the California Air Resources board. They have done far more good than evil and the relatively clean CA air is proof (compare against 1960s).

My gripe is this....there is no agency that looks at the impact of emissions/emission control devices and emission control diagnostics as a whole. It seems that these agencies just want more and more stingent emission regulation, but forget that it requires parts to be made and diagnostics to be run meaning parts will fail and be replaced at the expense of polluting the overall air quality. You see this in the ultra low NOx requirements in diesels (diesel exhaust fluid injection) and the soon to be C02 regulation. The EPA and CARB have gone too far.

There has to be a balance upon how stingent you want your tailpipe emission output because achieving very low levels does not come at a free price.

We need to revert back to the fueling days were it takes 13 seconds to get to 60, relax the N0x requirements so we achieve 60mpg instead of 30mpg. We also need to get people out of driving SUVs if they do not need them and quit charging vehicle taxes on the value of the vehicle. It is a huge disincentive to drive a new car in CA when the plates run you 500 bucks a year.

Eliminating some of these Mexicans is another good step. LOL

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 02-06-2010 at 02:59 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #24
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post

You better sell that Tuono quick then!

Your chip may freak out, and kill you...

JC
Nuttin to worry about there. The I Ties don't try to overcomplicate things. The only thing it may do is throw on some gold chains and start over applying aftershave.