Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #61
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

I ride purely for the enjoyment of it, but I like playing dress up, too.

Only on the bike can I fool someone into thinking I'm a bad azz mofo with my leather jacket, Slayer helmet and my Icon TiMax metal gloves.

I take it all off and I'm a middle aged, overweight graying woman that smiles at everyone.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #62
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I think everyone who rides considers themselves bikers, its what all the other bikers may think.

Like the bmw or gold wing rider who does over 20k miles a year will look down on the giuy on a blinged out gsxr who only rides to bike night to look cool.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #63
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
So what really make a motorcyclist? Lots of miles ridden? Willing to ride in any weather?

Most people think we are insane to even be on a bike. I think that's what makes us motorcyclists. Insanity.
Apparently for most it's about feeling superior to someone else... Bikers are cooler than non-bikers... HD riders are cooler than sportbike riders... Sportbike riders are cooler than HD riders... People who ride tens of thousands of miles every year are cooler than those who ride around the block once a month... Riders who ride across the country to a rally are cooler than the guy who doesn't have a job flexible enough to do that AND enjoy the rally.

At least, that's what I'm getting out of this thread. For me, it's a passion for motorcycles. The machine you decide to put between your legs is as insignificant to me as what flavor of ice cream you like. The gear you wear or decide not to wear is as insignificant to me as the color of your shoestrings.

I love bikes... I love to look at bikes... I love to ride bikes... I love to talk bikes... I love to tinker on bikes... I love to dream about bikes... I like 'em all to some varying degree... can't say as I've ever seen a bike that didn't intrigue me in some way or another... Then again, I'm certainly not cooler than anyone... and my unwillingness to shit on someone else for their bike/gear/riding style is further proof of that I guess.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #64
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Apparently for most it's about feeling superior to someone else... Bikers are cooler than non-bikers... HD riders are cooler than sportbike riders... Sportbike riders are cooler than HD riders... People who ride tens of thousands of miles every year are cooler than those who ride around the block once a month... Riders who ride across the country to a rally are cooler than the guy who doesn't have a job flexible enough to do that AND enjoy the rally.

At least, that's what I'm getting out of this thread. For me, it's a passion for motorcycles. The machine you decide to put between your legs is as insignificant to me as what flavor of ice cream you like. The gear you wear or decide not to wear is as insignificant to me as the color of your shoestrings.

I love bikes... I love to look at bikes... I love to ride bikes... I love to talk bikes... I love to tinker on bikes... I love to dream about bikes... I like 'em all to some varying degree... can't say as I've ever seen a bike that didn't intrigue me in some way or another... Then again, I'm certainly not cooler than anyone... and my unwillingness to shit on someone else for their bike/gear/riding style is further proof of that I guess.
Fucking this.

Except Publix Premium brand Key Lime Pie ice cream is the superior flavor of ice cream. The key lime pie flavor, mixed with swirls of vanilla ice cream and chunks of graham mixed in make it the flavor that exceeds all others. I will also accept Ben and Jerry's Boston Creme Pie ice cream.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #65
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Fucking this.

Except Publix Premium brand Key Lime Pie ice cream is the superior flavor of ice cream. The key lime pie flavor, mixed with swirls of vanilla ice cream and chunks of graham mixed in make it the flavor that exceeds all others. I will also accept Ben and Jerry's Boston Creme Pie ice cream.
I'm a plain vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry kind of guy...
Old 08-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #66
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I'm a plain vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry kind of guy...
you are obviouslyt an inferior ice cream eater if thats all you eat
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #67
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
you are obviouslyt an inferior ice cream eater if thats all you eat
Obviously...

At least I have a sportbike...