Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6
Default New terrorist tactic: Suspicious bags?

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rticle-7483747

Quote:
NEW YORK (WABC) -- You've probably heard the slogan "See Something, Say Something." Now it appears potential terrorists hope that you do, just to see the response.

Suspicious bags, some provoking a cautious response, were checked out in large numbers in the weeks after the failed Times Square bombing attempt.

Now as large numbers of tourists flood into New York City and the nation's capital, the FBI is warning of a new terror tactic.

Citing an FBI informational document, ABC News reports a so called "battle of suspicious bags" is being encouraged on a jihadist website.

Bomb expert Kevin Barry with 20 years experience in the NYPD says the bags could be filled not with bombs, but with innocuous items like water bottles or socks.

The potential terrorists would be watching the response.

"How they evacuate. The standoff distances. How long it takes additional emergency services to come to the scene," Barry said.

While not giving away details, police do have numerous ways of responding to these types of incidents.

The report says no evidence of a suspicious bag campaign has been found so far in New York City or Washington.

"After every major incident there will be a spike in calls because people become more nervous and there is more reporting of suspicious items," Barry said.

Putting more emphasis, security experts say, on the slogan "see something, say something."

"People are becoming more suspicious, more vigilant and that results in more calls. We understand that happens and we are prepared to respond," police commissioner Ray Kelly said.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Fortunately they haven't yet stumbled on the idea of 19 "suspicious packages" and one bomb yet, to occupy first responders and spread panic.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Fortunately they haven't yet stumbled on the idea of 19 "suspicious packages" and one bomb yet, to occupy first responders and spread panic.
There are a few easy attacks that Im suprised havent happened yet.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

These terrorists guys are soo f'n stupid.
Every single one of em from the doormat jackoffs who don't know how baby's are made to the so called "respected Doctors and lawyers who could no longer sit and do nothing".

Anyone whose spent more than a month in NYC knows exactly what would need to be done and would have done it already. The only prerequisite is that you have at least an IQ over 100 and have said the term "Jesus fucking h christ" titty bar at least once.
Something these human defect have never quite got the hang of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Oye. This isn't exactly rocket science and shouldn't be news to anyone.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Oye. This isn't exactly rocket science and shouldn't be news to anyone.
There are a hell of a lot of very effective things terrorists could do that aren't exactly rocket science. More than anything I think what has limited attacks against America is their desire to "make a splash" which requires more planning, time, and is more likely to be caught. Luckily they have to this point remained ignorant of the "death by a thousand cuts" concept.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

A few years back when i went on a crazy trip out to MA to hook up with some crazy (hot) forum member, i flew on skybus, a start up airline that flew in and out of small airports for super cheap. I arrived (drunk) at a military airport in a small city, and left a bag outside the terminal while i waited for a ride. I got assaulted by 3 men in uniform and almost arrested on the spot.

this is nothing new
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
A few years back when i went on a crazy trip out to MA to hook up with some crazy (hot) forum member, i flew on skybus, a start up airline that flew in and out of small airports for super cheap. I arrived (drunk) at a military airport in a small city, and left a bag outside the terminal while i waited for a ride. I got assaulted by 3 men in uniform and almost arrested on the spot.

this is nothing new
I just came across and deleted that one pic you sent us of her... She was pretty hot, but REAL fuckin crazy.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I just came across and deleted that one pic you sent us of her... She was pretty hot, but REAL fuckin crazy.
That's the best kind!
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #10
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
hell yea she is...

but then again so am I.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote