Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 09-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
yeah... I may come. some shit hit the fan at work... was told I was "fired". then today told that was not the case... but not sure I want to go back. at the very least I'm gonna take some time off...

only question now is can I afford it
How can you get fired in the military?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I'm in a special duty... they can take my rope (it's what signifies me as an MTL, and send me back to my career field)

basically, we had a troubled airman who was being discharged for spice use (it's incense that people smoke, not traceable but illegal for military) he named 45 other airmen when he was caught... but told those airmen he never said anything. when all those airmen got a copy of the police report, there was this airman's name pointing the finger at them.

So he doesn't have many friends. on top of that, he doesn't listen to us, so we have him sit in a chair for 12 hrs because that's all we trust him to do. well shit kinda hit the fan on Wed and he got his nose where it shouldn't have been.

A co-worker of mine was reprimanding him, and he was arguing with her. I got up and got loud, reminded him that he is an airman talking to an NCO (non commissioned officer) and that he was on his way out the door. all this happened in the presence of my supervisor, and the other NCO

That night the airman cut himself. and I was called in the next morning with my supervisor and the NCO who was originally reprimanding him and our asst Flight Chief. after my Squadron Commander listened to our side of the story, he stated "I don't think you crossed the line, I don't believe you did anything wrong. However we need to learn from this collectively." so we left his office at 1030 and headed back to work.

at 1730 I'm called into my asst. flight chief's office and told my Group Commander(my squadron commander's boss) said I'm no longer an MTL. I was furious. I mean how does it go from me doing nothing wrong to your not an MTL anymore.

longer story long... I wasn't fired... my asst flight chief (who's a complete piece of shit) made that part up and now considering I showed up to meet my commander with out my rope and he asked me why, is probably gonna end up in a world of hurt.

they had to do an investigation and interview the airman around (none could hear) but didn't want me there, as it could "influence" the outcome. that I understand.

still not sure I want this job if an airman does something drastic and my head goes straight to the chopping block ya know? especially AFTER my commander says I was in the right.

sorry... still a bit fired up about it.

but yeah gotta see if I can afford the ride up and back. are we camping?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #33
tommymac
Moto GP Star

You need to go full metal jacket on this guy
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #34
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
You can get fired, it hurts your career but thats about it, you wind up with shittier jobs after that.

I got fired from on of my jobs back in 98, long story short I had a real cush job, fell asleep, someone else got in trouble and needed help, I wasnt awake, shit hit the fan and I had to burn shit (literally stir kerosene into shit so it would burn) for almost a month before I was able to move back to something that didnt suck.

Its also know as being relieved of your duties.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #35
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

were you planning on camping or what?

I'm probably out... finances are kinda tight, but just trying to figure out what I've got to play with
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

camping is a definite every night, this is a 2011 test trip for me. See how my gear works. Want to camp cook, but I don't have gear for that.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #37
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
camping is a definite every night, this is a 2011 test trip for me. See how my gear works. Want to camp cook, but I don't have gear for that.
I got a coleman dual fuel stove.... still new in the box

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-St...Burner/9870598
Old 09-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #38
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Well if you're cookin...

Are you going to start on the 8th after work?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
Well if you're cookin...

Are you going to start on the 8th after work?
No, leave in the morning of the 9th. Camp near the start of the blue ridge on the 9th. Depending on if Derf comes or not will determine how far we get on the BRP on the 10th and camp somewhere on it. Finish up on the 11th.

The 11th is a government holiday, so we have it off.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #40
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
No, leave in the morning of the 9th. Camp near the start of the blue ridge on the 9th. Depending on if Derf comes or not will determine how far we get on the BRP on the 10th and camp somewhere on it. Finish up on the 11th.

The 11th is a government holiday, so we have it off.
Yeh I'll be there