Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #131
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

What your numbers fail to account for is how much more likely a Pit or a Rott is to be obtained for the sole purpose of biting people. Owners with those intentions abuse their dogs in numerous ways and chain them and leave them intact to increase their aggression.

I don't doubt that Pits and Rotts are responsible for the majority dog fatalities. They are the most popular of the large powerful dogs and they are routinely "trained through mistreatment" to hate people.

This does not make them more likely to bite a person because of their breeding rather because of they way they are most commonly used.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #132
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The point none of you can prove is, how much of the attacks are due to poor training, and how much is due to any alleged "genetic personality"

The only way to settle this debate would be to do some kind of scientific test where you took several examples of each breed, straight from the mother's womb, and send them all to the SAME owner, who uses the SAME training methods, and then after some time goes by put them into controlled situations where you see how they respond to humans, and see if there's a difference between breeds.

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-15-2009 at 03:39 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #133
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I never said these dogs are the same as any breed, I said they're the same as any breed of the Molosser ancestry. Some people shouldn't have dogs, and some people shouldn't have certain types of dogs.

No bias? Dude, the name of the website is dogsbite. You basically pulled those stats from an anti-pitbulls site.
Yeah, I know, I just took the top three articles out of the THOUSANDS of articles on this issue. These are still numbers pulled from the emergency call centers, the animal shelters and etc. The problem with calling media bias on one issue is that it sets you up to receive the same treatment when the media says something you agree with. You can't have it both ways. Either they are ALWAYS biased and wrong or there is some semblance of truth there. FWIW the first time I put up the 67% number, it was from a dog training center that wants to help people properly train their PBs.

You know what? Where's YOUR facts to PROVE that Pit Bulls aren't dangerous? Pointing fingers at other dog bites doesn't make PBs any less vicious. Under that logic, I could prove that rattlesnakes aren't dangerous because Black Mambas bite too. Every time I post a figure or a fact, your response is that it's biased or wrong...Oh yea? Well prove it! I don't contend that my figures are perfect, there aren't any such thing, where are yours? You've shown that you, an expert dog trainer and Cesar Milan, also an expert dog trainer can own a Pit Bull without incident. Why does that mean that they aren't inherently dangerous? Where's your proof? I can post figures from animal shelters and emergency call centers all day that "prove" that PBs account for far more attacks than any other breed AND that absolutely show that they are responsible for more attacks than their numbers should call for. Where are your numbers and facts that say they aren't?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #134
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #135
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
this shit is still going on??
Hey I tried to bow out...
Old 09-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #136
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The point none of you can prove is, how much of the attacks are due to poor training, and how much is due to any alleged "genetic personality"

The only way to settle this debate would be to do some kind of scientific test where you took several examples of each breed, straight from the mother's womb, and send them all to the SAME owner, who uses the SAME training methods, and then after some time goes by put them into controlled situations where you see how they respond to humans, and see if there's a difference between breeds.
Hmmm that's a good point but my contention is that we all are crappy owners/"pack leaders" for the most part so why aren't there stories of Collies chewing the toes off babies? Do you all really believe that the media is suppressing these stories in an effort to demonize Pit Bulls? I'm a terrible "pack leader", I let my dog go out the door first and I use a Flexi leash. I'm fucking lazy and my dog gets minimal exercise and yet he hasn't attacked a single baby or dog... Well, I guess that I can claim to be an expert dog owner as well. Maybe, I should have a show on Animal Planet!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #137
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
Oh well if a pro-Pit organization says so... see what I mean about pulling the bias card? How can you post a pro-Pit organization as being the truth? Even on their site, I didn't see any numbers disproving mine. All I see are a bunch of opinions and some isolated stories of good Pit Bulls. Hey, I never said that they were all "EVIL" or whatever. Heck, even that site admits that some Pits have an aggressive temperament to humans and should be euthanized!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #138
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Shit, I missed 20 minutes and feel overwhelmed by the plethora of Tiggasponses.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #139
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Here is a NEUTRAL organization that tests dog breed temperements. Here is how they test...
http://www.atts.org/testdesc.html

And here are the results. There are multiple pages. The "pitbulls" are listed under American Pit Bull Terrier.
http://www.atts.org/stats1.html

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #140
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Shit, I missed 20 minutes and feel overwhelmed by the plethora of Tiggasponses.
Hey, can we take a break? It's hard to maintain this level of intensity when I really don't care....

Besides, I actually like pits for the most part, I'll never own one for the reasons put forth by myself and you.