Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 10-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition
Default More on the Hayden/HRC- Puig fued

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Oct/081016rn.htm

Ryder Notes: How HRC became PRC (Puig Racing Corp)
by julian ryder, on the ground in Malaysia
Thursday, October 16, 2008
I assume that by now you've all read Alberto Puig's astonishing attempt at character assassination of Nicky Hayden on the official MotoGP site.

How, you may ask yourself, does such a tirade end up on the official website of the Championship? The answer lies in an interview Nicky gave to the important Spanish daily paper El Pais; it was headlined 'Pedrosa's agent runs Honda.' Nicky made plain his respect for Honda and the work his team puts in but regretted in quite sober terms the friction caused not by Dani but by Puig.

On reading this, Puig didn't contact El Pais, he rung the guys who write motogp.com. That would have been an internal phone call as Puig has an office in Dorna's HQ from which he runs the MotoGP Academy that does a good job bringing on the next generation of racers with the help of Red Bull and KTM.

I understand that Puig would also have seen the copy before it went live--so he can't claim he was misquoted. Nicky was asked about it today, and at first refused to elaborate. Then he decided to make sure we understood what he had said. First he made it clear that he thinks that Puig runs the team, that's what he said to El Pais and that's what he meant to say. He doesn't give a stuff about the wall down the pit. As for Puig's frankly barking suggestion that Nicky was upset about losing access to Dani's data, Nicky told the pre-event press conference that he hadn't seen any data from that side of the pit for many a month, let alone used it but that 'He [Dani] sees everybody's data.'

The thing that exercises my mind is this is what Nicky Hayden, a guy you know will always do the right thing, is saying while he's still a Honda rider. What's he going to say when he's free to say what really happened?

ENDS

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

I have personally meet Nick the prick on a few occasions. I respect him for his talent, rote for him because he is an American but thats it. I suspect he will reveal quit a bit when released from Honda contract.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
smileyman
White Trash Hero

I really like Colin better than Nicky, although I am patriotic and will cheer them on. I have met both through the CMRA back when I used to race. Colin I met after he was a star, Nicky was still club racing while I was a prov nov. I was corner working the day he bit it hard at TWS turn one. Fast little prick.

Arkriders.com
Old 10-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Nicky was at the Gap before he made big with AMA Thought he was all that. Rode with him on a few track days not much longer after that. He was always argent. Never cared to even try to speak to him after he found his fame.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
smileyman
White Trash Hero

He wasn't feelin so proud the day he layed the 250 GP bike down at Buck40! I can't really relate though I don't know the guy. I spent some time around Spies when he was club racing but hell that was 6 years ago...Can you imagine what 6 years of maturity can do for ya when you live life in the fast lane? They are all probably different folks by now. Specially Colin being a dad and all...

Arkriders.com
Old 10-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

I've never liked Nicky or his stupid accent but I really enjoyed seeing him lead at Indy for a few laps and I'd really like to see him destroy Pedrosa next year. Dani Pedrosa is now my least favorite athlete on earth. Sounds like a spoiled, crybaby little bitch.
Micheal Vick, Oj Simpson, that guy who kicked the ref in the Olympics; you're all exonerated.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Matt blew me off the track at VIR 2 years ago. Never got to speak much to him. Only meet Ben at races. Most all nice then. I could only Nicky got over him self by now.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

to be honest... I can't read anything you post smilie with out looking at your avatar every couple sec...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
to be honest... I can't read anything you post smilie with out looking at your avatar every couple sec...

That's why I put it up. It was my desktop and I could look at it while posting so....fixed!

Arkriders.com
Old 10-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

lucky sob... dunno if I'd do much posting if that was wating at home
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote