Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R
Default Race the Trace....

I got an idea, slightly illegal, but a good one none the less

we have this road, which will be left unmentioned that has lil to no access for miles, great curves, only problem is it might be patrolled by the feds. i have been tossing around the idea of setting something up, by no means sponsoring, or organizing or anything that would make me liable in any way shape or manner a friendly competition of sorts

if we had a bike or biker posted on the on ramps at either end of a decent strech with chatter boxs, in theory we could WOT with knowing the cops are not coming, if they do show up, just say the word and its back to 40 mph again...

thoughts comments, statements

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

bad idea to post shit like this on the internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

IDK man, thats what the tracks for. Sounds like you've got the low down on how to evade the po po, but you're prolly gonna need the reds and blues when somebody highsides over a cliff or pancakes into on comming traffic.

keep the competative stuff on the track is my vote.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
IDK man, thats what the tracks for. Sounds like you've got the low down on how to evade the po po, but you're prolly gonna need the reds and blues when somebody highsides over a cliff or pancakes into on comming traffic.

keep the competative stuff on the track is my vote.
I'm with you on this...

it's one thing to drag a knee on the gap...it's another to have an all out race... asking for trouble...

that being said... had you caught me 5 years ago... I'd be down damn growing up
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
I got an idea, slightly illegal, but a good one none the less

we have this road, which will be left unmentioned that has lil to no access for miles, great curves, only problem is it might be patrolled by the feds. i have been tossing around the idea of setting something up, by no means sponsoring, or organizing or anything that would make me liable in any way shape or manner a friendly competition of sorts

if we had a bike or biker posted on the on ramps at either end of a decent strech with chatter boxs, in theory we could WOT with knowing the cops are not coming, if they do show up, just say the word and its back to 40 mph
again...

thoughts comments, statements

Provided there is no way for anyone to enter this strech of highway, without the look out knowing. It could work..I see where you are coming from, I have rode on the autobahn.. there is something to be said about WOT for miles... keep us posted on this.
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

The only problem with that run is the wildlife. A turkey or deer at a buck 30 would suck.

The only really good sections are at the top nearest Nashville. It gets progressively sucky the farther south you go. I rode from Nashville to Kosciusko, MS. I thought I was going to shoot myself in the head.

I'd say that the run from Nashville to Frankln (96) would be the best. There are no entrance ramps between those to points. You'd only need to post a lookout near one end or the other. You do an out and back with the lookout left at the starting end to look for patrols entering the run. The out leg is looking for patrols stationed along the run. At the end, turn and burn. Lookout would inform if a patrol enters the run.

Once you hit the end. Leave.

Or so I've heard.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.050812&z=14

Last edited by FT BSTRD; 07-17-2008 at 11:30 PM..
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:39 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

$120 for a day at nashville which is literally on your doorstep or risk a $500+ fine with a mandatory court date where the federal judge can and will add on more punishment if he wants, that's a tough choice....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #8
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
$120 for a day at nashville which is literally on your doorstep or risk a $500+ fine with a mandatory court date where the federal judge can and will add on more punishment if he wants, that's a tough choice....

Agreed completely.

Sometimes part of the thrill is getting caught. I'm too old for those kinds of thrills.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
r!der
snowboarder

Moto: 05 GSXR 600

Horrible Idea!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #10
fpzx10
Rides a Crotch Scooter

Moto: 2007 GSXR 750

Will, that's is quite possibly the worst idea you've ever had. Step away from the crackpipe.