Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
Rider
Moto GP Star

I rode with guys from work mostly. There is a group here in town but some of the ride like douchebags. I prefer to ride with people I know.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #12
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

well I've only really ridden with a few people... and most just once or twice... but if I had to choose it'd be the ones off here... Smilie, Trip, Fatburg, Kat, Rae, and Cutty.

I know there were a few more while in Indy... but we didn't really get to do actual riding... just putt'n through town... Comonboys was another but the only ride we had was cut short and totaled about 10miles...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I prefer to ride alone. When I do ride with others, it's usually 1 or 2 pretty good friends.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #14
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Cruisin with my old man is boring, but always safe... Same with my uncle... Drewpy and I used to be around the same pace, but I'm pretty sure he's way faster now... PC was good to ride with... Nighthawk and Gramps were good to ride with... It was cool riding with Trip...

Honestly though, it's hard for me to find people I really enjoy riding with. It was a very welcome surpise when I first hooked up wtih Drewpy... Riding style, risk levels, pace, and whatnot sorta just fell into place.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

When I ride, I like to cover a lot of ground, so I keep my riding groups small. People that can run more than 10 miles without stopping to talk for 45 minutes and riding to the next gas station.

I go on small rides with people first to see how they ride before I take them on a longer ride through the mountains. Like someone above said, I've had people go down on a few of my rides and I feel responsible for it, so the last thing I want is someone getting hurt when we're miles from civilization.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #16
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
When I ride, I like to cover a lot of ground, so I keep my riding groups small. People that can run more than 10 miles without stopping to talk for 45 minutes and riding to the next gas station.

I go on small rides with people first to see how they ride before I take them on a longer ride through the mountains. Like someone above said, I've had people go down on a few of my rides and I feel responsible for it, so the last thing I want is someone getting hurt when we're miles from civilization.
I hate that shit. Let's stop and get gas, eat at the same time, then hit the fucking road. Stopping every 20 miles pisses me off. I also hate those rides where you have to stop at 100 places to meet up with two people here, three people there... and half the fucks don't even show up.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

That's what was nice about Riding up to Indy with Trip, Fatburg, Rae, and Kat... other than the one stop after the pancakes... we only stopped for gas... and eventually food. 9hrs of back roads and we were still 6hrs from indy

I actually chould have gone with out stopping for as long as we did in a few spots... but being with friends... the conversation was welcome.

it'd be really interesting to get the chatterbox and be able to talk shit while riding
Old 01-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #18
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
That's what was nice about Riding up to Indy with Trip, Fatburg, Rae, and Kat... other than the one stop after the pancakes... we only stopped for gas... and eventually food. 9hrs of back roads and we were still 6hrs from indy

I actually chould have gone with out stopping for as long as we did in a few spots... but being with friends... the conversation was welcome.

it'd be really interesting to get the chatterbox and be able to talk shit while riding
Chatterbox is on my short list.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

If I actually have someone to ride with that has a chatterbox, I will get one. I am not getting one til I regularly ride with people that have them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #20
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If I actually have someone to ride with that has a chatterbox, I will get one. I am not getting one til I regularly ride with people that have them.
I'm buying one. if for no other reason I can connect my ipod via blue tooth.