Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 08-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #21
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Which high school? I went to Pioneer (Ann Arbor) and lived in Greensboro briefly
Reeths-Puffer, in Muskegon. It was a reasonably large HS, our graduating class was ~300, but still such a coincidence to meet via ebay for a vehicle sale. It's always nice to see others escape that area and make something of themselves though. Muskegon is still a beautiful place to visit, but I am glad I didn't stay there after HS.

I only visited Ann Arbor once or twice and don't remember much about it. How did you like it there? Family still there?
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #22
Flexin
AMA Supersport

As far as reliability I only look at that so much. There isn't one car that has been mass produced that haven't had a break down. There also isn't one that has had 100% junk for a whole model. So you could go buy the worst car out there for reliability and not have a problem at all.

Going by Carpoint for the for reliability these are the good years...

Range Rover 2005 2007 2008. 2006 was ok. A few reported problems with that one.

X5 has a few issues including a $1000 suspension problem.

Cayenne No data

Benz M Class was good in 2005 and 2008.

Grand Cherokee good from 2006 and 2008

Tahoe Good in 2008

Explorer Good 2006-2008

Hummer H2 2007-2008

FX 2003-2008

QX56 2004-2007

RX330 2004-2008

Murano 2004 and 2006

Volkswagen Touareg 2005-2007

My 2004 Tribute only list a small problem

A periodic problem with this vehicle is failure of the rear Shock Absorbers. The cost to repair the rear Shock Absorbers is estimated at $110.00 for parts and $58.50 for labor. All prices are estimates based on $65.00 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any sales tax..

I haven't had this issue yet but had a few others. Some were just normal wear items going out or being replaced with larger items making those repair bills a bitch.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:10 AM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I was tired and that one slipped by. It was put in as another option. These were jus grabbed. These will be sold at least once before I buy.

Only thing I get stripped down is women. I miss my Olds Intrigue Sterling Edition. I want leather, heated seats, dual climate control, heated mirrors just to name a few.

James
Stripped down women. lol

When I bought a 2005 Saab 9-3, I told the guy I want the cheapest lease you have. The only thing the car has to have is a manual trans and no leather. He said..."well if you don't get the leather, you can't get the heated seats". I'm like dude we're in southern California....do you have air conditoned seats, because then I might be interested.

The lease was 209 a month with 0 down. Pretty sweet car.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #24
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Stripped down women. lol

When I bought a 2005 Saab 9-3, I told the guy I want the cheapest lease you have. The only thing the car has to have is a manual trans and no leather. He said..."well if you don't get the leather, you can't get the heated seats". I'm like dude we're in southern California....do you have air conditoned seats, because then I might be interested.

The lease was 209 a month with 0 down. Pretty sweet car.
My stepfather calls that a Farmers special. I can't handle that. I need the over priced options.

James
Old 09-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #25
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Nevermind.

From Consumer Reports:

Also:
http://www.bankrate.com/finance/mone...air-costs.aspx
Nice - my Pilot is 6 on the least expensive list.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #26
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Nice - my Pilot is 6 on the least expensive list.
Suzuki SX4 and Honda Element number 1. Range Rover number 6 on the worst list. I would rather pay the extra $1200 a year to drive the Rover then to drive an SX4 or Element. #justsaying

There are cost to everything. There are also limits that someone is willing to spend. When I think of a Rover I don't think cheap to own. I think bad ass/sexy SUV that makes me smile every time I see one.

I also want a boat which I know can be expensive but when I can afford it I will make that leap.

Down the road I would love a good size boat and a 379 Peterbilt daycab to haul it around. Thats my dream. But the Rover could haul a much smaller boat that I might be able to afford to run. Bonus.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"