Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #101
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
One of the problems is that there are no longer any politicians who truly fit the description of the word "conservative."
Agreed.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #102
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Dems want to share the wealth just enough to trap their lowly voting populace in a life of crap. Neither of these two parties are better, I don't know why you still believe in the Dems, Avatard. They are just as bad.
I don't believe in them. They've just proven to be less hypocritical, and don't divert as much to the wealthy. These, as I see it, are plusses.

I still consider myself a libertarian, but Republicans are conservative in name only anymore, and Dems are, as I said, the lesser of two evils, as they actually have a couple of plusses, as I see it.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #103
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I don't believe in them. They've just proven to be less hypocritical, and don't divert as much to the wealthy. These, as I see it, are plusses.

I still consider myself a libertarian, but Republicans are conservative in name only anymore, and Dems are, as I said, the lesser of two evils, as they actually have a couple of plusses, as I see it.

Funny, I'm a libertarian, but believe Republicans are the lesser of the two evils. You do know libertarians want to get rid of most of the social programs that the left champion correct?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #104
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Funny, I'm a libertarian, but believe Republicans are the lesser of the two evils.
Only on paper, not based on performance.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #105
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Funny, I'm a libertarian, but believe Republicans are the lesser of the two evils. You do know libertarians want to get rid of most of the social programs that the left champion correct?
So you've got a party that says they'll take your money and give it to the poor, and a party that says they'll be fiscally responsible but lie, take your money, and give breaks to people who don't need them.

.... and the latter is the lesser of two evils?

Colour me confused.

If people who self-identify as conservatives would hold the feet of their elected representatives to the fire, instead of rewarding them for lying, then maybe, just maybe, you could end up with someone who's worth voting for.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm what generally passes for a conservative up here. To a Canadian that means universal education and health care, and a social safety net, but not being so irresponsible that people on Welfare can take a vacation on the backs of the taxpayer. I believe in being compassionate, but fiscally responsible, as a nation.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #106
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Could be just evil to him, not to society as a whole... Dems wanting to smack him with taxes vs the repubs taking away healthcare/welfare would be less evil to him.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #107
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Could be just evil to him, not to society as a whole... Dems wanting to smack him with taxes vs the repubs taking away healthcare/welfare would be less evil to him.
From where I sit they both take just as much money from the average guy. The only difference is which of their agendas gets it.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #108
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
From where I sit they both take just as much money from the average guy. The only difference is which of their agendas gets it.
Well then, neither of the two are the lesser and they are both evil like I believe. WIN!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #109
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Only on paper, not based on performance.
On performance they are all worthless. Revolution time I guess.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #110
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
So you've got a party that says they'll take your money and give it to the poor, and a party that says they'll be fiscally responsible but lie, take your money, and give breaks to people who don't need them.

Colour me confused.

If people who self-identify as conservatives would hold the feet of their elected representatives to the fire, instead of rewarding them for lying, then maybe, just maybe, you could end up with someone who's worth voting for.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm what generally passes for a conservative up here. To a Canadian that means universal education and health care, and a social safety net, but not being so irresponsible that people on Welfare can take a vacation on the backs of the taxpayer. I believe in being compassionate, but fiscally responsible, as a nation.
They gave tax breaks to everyone, and all the poor in the US get a tax RETURN. The poorest get all their money back.

Then your Democrat Obama and a majority of dem's just passed to extend the tax cuts. The Republicans failed by conceding to more bullshit pork projects tacked on and the Dem's failed at one of Obama's main campaign promises, to do away with the Bush tax cuts.

Last edited by tallywacker; 12-14-2010 at 04:38 PM..
tallywacker is offline   Reply With Quote