Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 10-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #41
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
honestly, ive seen good and bad out of the cheaper race skins. We all know shark skinz and armor are the best but for those of us on a more tight budget, we make do with the cheaper. YbSlow runs a set of cheap plastics and they are GREAT, fit and everything. Mine, same company, not so much. I think they sent me the wrong belly pan, or not, either way, they dont fit for shit. Thats why i just run nekked. However this track day, you may be seeing some zip ties and me rolling with plastics, all depends on how I feel about it...but go with what you can afford and feel like dealing with.

If you want to go cheap, be prepared for some labor intensive work to fit them if they arent perfect, if you prefer not to do this, save and get the good shit.
Rae,

When you ride the bike naked, don't you get scared if you get off and there are no plastics to protect the vitals on your bike?

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #42
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Rae,

When you ride the bike naked, don't you get scared if you get off and there are no plastics to protect the vitals on your bike?

Good question but no, actually I like riding her like that at the track. I keep my frame sliders and a tail section on the bike but I honestly feel more at ease not having to worry about screwing up good plastics (since my race plastics never fit anyway). I went down already like that and people may argue, but my vitals were protected and fine. The only damage: frame slider, broken radiator tab, left clip on ground down and shift peg snapped off. If i'd had plastics, the entire front would have been destroyed.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #43
CW AF 03
Ducatisti

Moto: 1098, Hypermotard S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Paying more doesn't always give you better quality, many times it just makes you easy pickings for overpriced products. Take for example japanese vs italian motorcycles. Lower purchase and maintenance costs with higher reliability and performance dollar for dollar vs pretty bike...
Jealousy rears its ugly head yet again...
CW AF 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #44
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW AF 03 View Post
Jealousy rears its ugly head yet again...
lol...you ducati people are always so delusional, I may eventually join ya and get a hypermotard though. That's a fun bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #45
CW AF 03
Ducatisti

Moto: 1098, Hypermotard S

I was riding my Hyper S last Saturday and being pretty tame. I dropped it to 1st, dumped the clutch, and let the rear end go crazy while slowing for the red light. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a white fender come up beside me. Turn to see who my company is, and it's a NV state trooper! He politely says "You don't want a ticket on a Saturday do you?" I replied, "I don't want a ticket on ANY day!" The light turns green and we both go, eventually going our separate ways. At the next red light I though about the encounter and realized he was staring at the bike the entire time he was talking to me and most of the time we were riding!
CW AF 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #46
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW AF 03 View Post
I was riding my Hyper S last Saturday and being pretty tame. I dropped it to 1st, dumped the clutch, and let the rear end go crazy while slowing for the red light. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a white fender come up beside me. Turn to see who my company is, and it's a NV state trooper! He politely says "You don't want a ticket on a Saturday do you?" I replied, "I don't want a ticket on ANY day!" The light turns green and we both go, eventually going our separate ways. At the next red light I though about the encounter and realized he was staring at the bike the entire time he was talking to me and most of the time we were riding!
nice, sounds like he was a rider or at least a fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote